Emotional support what now?

Drive yourself around. Hmmm... were what if you suffer from agoraphobia. Or you have a panic/anxiety disorder/PTSD.

Any of that real enough for you?
Edited my post to be a little more accurate to what I was trying to convey.

Of course I think there are a lot of people who shouldn't fly. For example, people so afraid of flying they feel the need to get liquored up before they go, or people so fat/frail they have to be manhandled up into a beaver on floats by 2 rampers and a pilot.

Drive yourself around. Hmmm... were what if you suffer from agoraphobia. Or you have a panic/anxiety disorder/PTSD.

Any of that real enough for you?

Well what if you...actually there are too many "what ifs" to waste my time on. Life isn't fair. If people are allowed their "service" animals because of their mental health issues that's not fair to me, but we can't make everything fair to everyone. We are all allowed to our opinions though, and it's not mine or anyone else's job to kiss everyone's ass and make it all better.

I don't feel the need to question a clinical psychology student.

I have no problem with pets in people's homes. I do possibly have mental issues though and am freaked out by germs transmitted my people and even more so by germs transmitted by animals that have abysmal hygiene regardless of how often they are bathed by their owners.

If you need so much consideration for your mental issues please give the same consideration to mine.

All fears are irrational in nature. People with control issues and to some degree, anxiety related issues all suffer from some form of control issues.

Sounds like the basis of your fear is that you fear being powerless, to either the real or imagined fear of the threat of germs and contracting associated illnesses. And are overcompensating that fear of being powerless in to an irrational psychosomatic anxiety disorder.

Yes. I just psychoanalyzed you.

All fears are irrational in nature. People with control issues and to some degree anxiety related issues all suffer from some form of control issues.

Sounds like the basis of your fear is that you fear being powerless, to either the real or imagined fear of the threat of germs and contracting associated illnesses. And are overcompensating that fear of being powerless in to an irrational psychosomatic anxiety disorder.

Yes. I just psychoanalyzed you.

Thanks, hit me up when you have your degree and some real world experience.

Thanks, hit me up when you have your degree and some real world experience.

Hmmm... I work in my states mental health prison hospital. I've seen EVERYTHING. Personality disorder, anxiety disorders. Chemical related disorder such as schizophrenia, bi-polar. Attachment related disorders. I can quote you the DSM-IV.

So I have a wealth of hands on, practical related experience. With some book knowledge. But yes, no letter behind my name yet. In four years though. But I'm a natural at this.

My assessment was unofficial as a result. But I stand by it.

Check me out in 4-5 years.

:)

Hmmm... I work in my states mental health prison hospital. I've seen EVERYTHING. Personality disorder, anxiety disorders. Chemical related disorder such as schizophrenia, bi-polar. Attachment related disorders. I can quote you the DSM-IV.

So I have a wealth of hands on, practical related experience. With some book knowledge. But yes, no letter behind my name yet. In four years though. But I'm a natural at this.

My assessment was unofficial as a result. But I stand by it.

Check me out in 4-5 years.

:)

You've seen prison inmates, I'm not sure how that translates to people who are not felons.

To give you insight into my "irrational" phobias...I owned a gym, trained and competed in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and fought mma professionally. I saw that the mats were cleaned everyday, and I showered several times a day after training and ended up over my six years training and competing with multiple staph infections and more than a few cases of ringworm.

I didn't have control over all of the variables in those situations, no one does, but I don't think my concerns are at all irrational and I believe your opinion is about as useful as any other uncertified and partially experienced layman's opinion is. I'm not sure if you're a natural at this or not but your own self confidence without the credentials has made an impression on me. In my past experiences for example I met lots of people who assured me they were "naturals" at fighting. I've found anyone who feels the need to tell me how smart, honest or talented they are usually aren't.

I've found anyone who feels the need to tell me how smart, honest or talented they are usually aren't.

Interesting that you should post this after giving us your resume for being a badass. I mean, whatever, but if you're trying to pass yourself off as "humble", you're going to want to go back to the gym on that one.

IMS, Max works in mental health. What do you do?

Watched a girl get on a SWA flight a few weeks back PVD-BWI...with FIVE...count them FIVE little Italian Greyhounds. The crew was running around trying to figure out if it was even legal. She got on last and then requested a "bulkhead".

It smelled of BS so much it made the lav smell good. 5 designer dogs as a ESA? Uhh no.

Such a scam.
b2bc7c31ee898116f63dbb1d41d7cf52.jpg

Interesting that you should post this after giving us your resume for being a badass. I mean, whatever, but if you're trying to pass yourself off as "humble", you're going to want to go back to the gym on that one.

IMS, Max works in mental health. What do you do?

I'm not trying to pass myself off as humble or a badass. I stated facts that I owned a gym and fought professionally...(for 600 bucks a fight btw, never said or implied I was big time). I gave insight as to why I am a germaphobe and quantified my opinion.

He stated he was a natural at his profession. Did I ever say I was a natural or state I was an expert or badass at anything? And since when is stating any facts about my past giving a resume about me being a badass? That's what I did. That's my life experience. Do I pretend it didn't happen for fear of looking like a badass?

I'm a pilot.

Edit: I mentioned my past specifically because it is a sport that involves physical contact and led to skin issues that many experience within the sport.

You've seen prison inmates, I'm not sure how that translates to people who are not felons.

To give you insight into my "irrational" phobias...I owned a gym, trained and competed in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and fought mma professionally. I saw that the mats were cleaned everyday, and I showered several times a day after training and ended up over my six years training and competing with multiple staph infections and more than a few cases of ringworm.

I didn't have control over all of the variables in those situations, no one does, but I don't think my concerns are at all irrational and I believe your opinion is about as useful as any other uncertified and partially experienced layman's opinion is. I'm not sure if you're a natural at this or not but your own self confidence without the credentials has made an impression on me. In my past experiences for example I met lots of people who assured me they were "naturals" at fighting. I've found anyone who feels the need to tell me how smart, honest or talented they are usually aren't.

I don't deal with prison inmates. I daily deal with civilly committed persons. Violent sexual offenders, and serial killers who've been released form jail after serving their time. But have been civilly committed because they're still considered a danger to society. I also deal with the criminally insane. Meaning that they're guilty except insane (GEI, formerly mental disease or defect) because they were ruled not mentally fit to stand trial. Because they were mentally insane at the time of their crime. In all these cases, they're no longer prisoners, but patients.

Continuing. Everything that you just said supports my unofficial analyses.

You saw that the mats were cleaned every day, yet you still contracted infections.

As a result your brain, psyche whatever is overcompensating for your real fear of catching an infection that you have no ability to control whether you get it or not.

I told you that people with control issues, are born from the fact that they can't control things in their own life. So they seek to try to overcompensate by trying to control EVERYTHING.

Anorexia and bulimia are two other extreme forms of anxiety disorders. And are the mind trying to overcompensate for the loss of control. Example: I might not be able to control that my cousin killed him self. But I can control how much I eat, or don't eat. But Anorexia and bulemia are rather extreme maladaptive coping skills and overcompensation. But they're presented as an example of how the mind can go to dark places to exert or re-exert control. Whether real or imagined control.

You however sound just a lil' paranoid and OCD. OCD btw is also an anxiety disorder.

You're preaching to the choir dude.

I'm seriously not trying to stir anything up here, but a few doors down the neighborhood kooks keep an indoor pig that just happens to be named Peanut. Immediately I thought back to the days when peanuts were the common snack on planes 15-20 years ago and then back to smoking sections on aircraft when I was a very young boy. I fell out laughing with the realization that I'm now more likely to see a pig than a peanut in an aircraft passenger cabin. I pictured this scene of going back in time to the last 3 rows on an L-1011, chatting with a smoker saying "you know you won't be doing this in ten years right?" Only to add, "oh yeah, peanuts are going away too, but not if its the name of a pig."

Back