Emotional support what now?

As a serious question, would not a service animal of ANY kind, and certainly a pig, hugely complicate any kind of emergency evacuation?

For perspective, I'm the kind of guy who advocates wool clothing instead of synthetics, flat (laced) shoes, instead of heels or slip-on loafers) "just in case ..."

Are animals truly allowed on flights? How the hell would you get a pig (or large dog) out a tiny overwing exit in an emergency?

As a serious question, would not a service animal of ANY kind, and certainly a pig, hugely complicate any kind of emergency evacuation?

For perspective, I'm the kind of guy who advocates wool clothing instead of synthetics, flat (laced) shoes, instead of heels or slip-on loafers) "just in case ..."

Are animals truly allowed on flights? How the hell would you get a pig (or large dog) out a tiny overwing exit in an emergency?

I'm guessing that the courts consider the likelihood of an emergency so remote that they can't justify denying air travel to people who need service/support animals. And that's probably a fair determination. Denying blind people air travel just because of a miniscule possibility of a crash doesn't seem all that reasonable.

People do all sorts of creative things to move their pets, much at the expense of people who have legitimate medical reasons for an animal.

Some ladies misbehaving "comfort dog" dropped a deuce when I was commuting on American years ago and they almost dare you to address them because of discrimination.

A service animal is not an emotional support animal. Service animals are dogs or miniature ponies. Emotional support animals can be anything. But, they all have to be non-disruptive.

I worked for an organization that treated at-risk youth. Equine therapy was the foundation for treatment. The kids were all abandoned and/or abused. They didn't trust or love humans. Being placed in a situation where a living being was totally dependent on the youth made them realize they could let go and love people.

A service animal is not an emotional support animal. Service animals are dogs or miniature ponies. Emotional support animals can be anything. But, they all have to be non-disruptive.

I worked for an organization that treated at-risk youth. Equine therapy was the foundation for treatment. The kids were all abandoned and/or abused. They didn't trust or love humans. Being placed in a situation where a living being was totally dependent on the youth made them realize they could let go and love people.

You're crazy. Equine therepy is for qwacks, and people looking to scam the system. It's hookie, nonsense!

Back