Eighteen Year Restoration - Then This

"Take a picture!" And not "Holy • let's make sure they're ok!"

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

IDK ... I’d have gone to the plane. I guess you would have, too. Not everyone “runs to the sound of the guns,” though. I’m OK with that. We’re all “wired” differently.

"Take a picture!" And not "Holy • let's make sure they're ok!"

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

meh, a lot of times someone who doesn’t know what to do just makes things more difficult for those who do or just becomes another person to be rescued. The real tragedy here though is the filming in portrait and that horribly nasal whine “oh god”

There are ZERO reasons that these World War II airplanes should still be flying.

Put them indoors in a museum.
I can see both sides of this issue, having been peripherally involved with CAF in my younger and more vulnerable years, and having had more than one ride in a B-24. (And having flown an airplane from immediately after that era.)

They are antiques, and they are irreplaceable—but working on them, and seeing them flying is really something, too.

The FAA is way ahead of you, as it put the LHFE exemption in the shredder for the Collings Foundation (granted, after the accident). The lack of competent oversight is at least part of the reason there was a broken B-17 and broken bodies in Hartford...and that’s a theme that goes far farther than merely the vintage airplane community.

I can see both sides of this issue, having been peripherally involved with CAF in my younger and more vulnerable years...

1618778821631.png

There are ZERO reasons that these World War II airplanes should still be flying.

Put them indoors in a museum.

While we are at it, we should ban people from exploring the backwoods of the National Parks. Let the public view the Grand Canyon from the safety of the visitors center. No one needs to hike to the bottom just for the thrill or bragging rights.*

Something is missing from your soul if you call yourself a pilot and the sound of a Mustang doesn't inspire you.

* If I had it to do all over again, I still would have told my wife to go. A life without adventure is a life wasted.

Back