Earhart searches find no obvious signs of her plane

If my number's up today then I'd rather it be while flying, which is something I would consider to be worth the risk of death, than taken out by some soccer mom in a Ford Excursion who was late to pilates, eating, texting, and speeding.

Perhaps pullup feels the same way ;)

Of course! I abhor soccer moms in mini-tanks!

If my number's up today then I'd rather it be while flying, which is something I would consider to be worth the risk of death, than taken out by some soccer mom in a Ford Excursion who was late to pilates, eating, texting, and speeding.

Perhaps pullup feels the same way ;)

We all will die. I would hope that if I died in an airplane, someone would say "I'm sure he fought to the bitter end", and "At least he died doing what he loved." ... because both would be true.

I would rather not die in an airplane crash, but in that same vein, I'd rather not die at all. Ever. Given that I will eventually die, I can safely say I'd far rather die in an airplane accident than die in bed of cancer, or keel over from a myocardial infarction, or even die of auto-erotic asphyxiation ...(although that's probably far closer to the 'preferred' side than, say, sepsis)

In the end, there ain't many good deaths to be had. Life tends to be ugly at its start and its finish, but that's ok. It just is, like everything else, and it's part of the magic of being. Life's worth is intrinsically linked with its impermanence, and as a transient phenomena we should simply celebrate its every moment, and its beginning, and its end, and clutch them all as tightly in our memories as we are able.
One sunset, one thunderstorm. One mountainside or moment of pure joy, one day under sailcloth, or a night under the stars. One goal, one save, one perfect penalty call. One one-hundred-sixty-five mile-per-hour jaunt on a motorcycle, or one bad crash. One perfect humpty. One low approach, the joy in motion. One spin. One life, full of moments to celebrate individually, and to celebrate as a collection of memories and emotions that none before you have felt or will feel again.

I have lived, loved and lost, and I will continue until I meet my end. And I will celebrate the magic in the moment, in every moment, in every interaction, in every infinitesimal fraction of a heartbeat until then.

I encourage you to do the same.

~Fox

Back