Earhart searches find no obvious signs of her plane

I still ask "Why?" - I'm just not at all clear about why finding her is a big deal.

I think it's the whole mystique factor. In this "Information Age" in which we live we're not used to unknowns like what happened to her.

Why is there so much attention for Earhart and none for Flight 19? An entire flight and the PBY that went looking for it disappeared but only the History Channel cares.

I think it's the whole mystique factor. In this "Information Age" in which we live we're not used to unknowns like what happened to her.

She crashed a Lockheed Electra. That's what happened to her. Most likely ran out of gas after not being able to find a tiny, tiny island in a big, big ocean...but she definitely crashed a Lockheed Electra. And died. 75 years ago.

I'm no photo analyst either, but to me, seems like a grab at more money for another mission... I don't see anything but rocks.

Why is there so much attention for Earhart and none for Flight 19? An entire flight and the PBY that went looking for it disappeared but only the History Channel cares.

How about what really happened to TWA800, for something more modern.

How about what really happened to TWA800, for something more modern.

I've wondered about this. My aunt was supposed to be working that flight. It was a very long evening. I have wondered about this - was the explanation they gave plausible? Why haven't other 747-200's had this happen? What are the odds that a Qutch-type deal occurred?

I've wondered about this. My aunt was supposed to be working that flight. It was a very long evening. I have wondered about this - was the explanation they gave plausible? Why haven't other 747-200's had this happen? What are the odds that a Qutch-type deal occurred?

It was a -100, but essentially same systems-wise, as a -200.

Very few things makes sense with that one, and the FBI conduct in that case was appalling.

And the fact that no one in industry, at TWA, who flies 747s, etc, accepts the "official" theory.....which is ALL it is, not factually based......is interesting.

Pretty good WacoFan They had to arrest one of TWA's chief pilots, a FA and a journalist to get them to shut up, as well as push the NTSB to the side lines. If yoo's guys will put a lid on the knee-jerk ridicule, I'll start a thread and we can discuss it. The more info that comes out on TWA 800, the more it looks like a missile. Who's up for a Qutch TWA 800 thread?

Pretty good WacoFan They had to arrest one of TWA's chief pilots, a FA and a journalist to get them to shut up, as well as push the NTSB to the side lines. If yoo's guys will put a lid on the knee-jerk ridicule, I'll start a thread and we can discuss it. The more info that comes out on TWA 800, the more it looks like a missile. Who's up for a Qutch TWA 800 thread?

I am - put it in the lav. I'd love to read about it.

If it was a missle, it had to be our own. Any terrorist organization would have taken responsibility for it.

If it was a missle, it had to be our own. Any terrorist organization would have taken responsibility for it.

Maybe, maybe not. That's conventional wisdom, yes, and how it's normally done. But conventional wisdom too was that with airliner hijackings, just cooperate, as they just want some political something or another and it'll be over. Look how that changed. The best terror is the unknown one.....unknown who did it, unknown why it was done, and unknown when it will happen again.

Just a pre-emptive move to the lav - to save the mods having to do it when you're viciously attacked. Just going for efficiency here.

If people can discuss intelligently, cool. If all they can do is ridicule and contribute nothing to a general topics thread in an attempt to derail it, Ill simply derail them through deletion. Simple enough.

Just a pre-emptive move to the lav - to save the mods having to do it when you're viciously attacked. Just going for efficiency here.

I'll take on the attacks. It's what Qutch is for. Besides, I've already been discussing this with the lurker community. They've got a lot of good info on it that they'll send to me. If MikeD wants to, he can move it to the Lav. Give me a few minutes to get to the Qutch Vault. I think the TWA 800 file is behind my JFK assassination safe. I'll have to fire up the fork lift to move it.

Saw John Goglia from the NTSB give a speech about this in about 2005. After he was done and opened up to questions someone raised they're hand and said, "so does this mean we didn't knock down the twin towers then too?" He didn't take anymore questions about that...

Back