Dream Corporate Job, Pilot, Part 135

Hello gents (and one angry right seat girl!). Just caught up on the posts and I'll interject a few things.

1. I agree on both sides of the insurance argument as they both have validity. It's a double edged sword sometimes in this business as how are you to get jet time in the first place if you need it to get hired anywhere? Well, I had a long conversation with our insurance broker and actually got him to accept a well qualified candidate without ANY jet time. So there you go right seat girl, apply. It might be a hard sell to my boss but I see more to people than just their hours.

2. Queboat and whoever is griping about paying for your type rating: I believe instead of insisting that you have a type rating, that I offered other options, including you paying for it. Or us paying for it and working something out. I don't think one person gets hired at Southwest without a type rating and almost everyone applying goes and pays for one themselves ahead of time. At least I gave you options. At a certain point in your career, it's difficult to have the type rating for a certain job.....I know earlier in my career, I would have paid for a type rating for the right job. I wouldn't now, but who wouldn't want to hire me? LOL! :D

3. It now looks like we will SELL the King Air and just have the jet. At this moment, the jet looks like it will be a Challenger 300. So now a type rating in that would be a bonus and the King Air one probably won't be necessary. I just found this out on Friday and am updating you all appropriately.

4. I will accept resumes/cover letters/bios until COB 9 March. I will then spend days going through and reading every word of every one of the 60+ resumes I have. I will narrow it down to the top 10-12 for the initial phone interviews with me. You will be notified, one way or the other as to whether you made the cut or not. Not one person has applied that I haven't at least acknowledged and I have answered every question I have received.

5. I would highly recommend that you be very prepared for the interview should you get one.

Good luck out there..... Kila

wd, very well on the type rating issue. it's your show and you can run it anyway you see fit. However I would suggest a different airplane than a Challenger300 to cross any large body of water with.

wd, very well on the type rating issue. it's your show and you can run it anyway you see fit. However I would suggest a different airplane than a Challenger300 to cross any large body of water with.

Noted, thanks

Ya know, sometimes I think there are people out there who, if told they could get free $100 bills, would complain about waiting in line.

Ya know, sometimes I think there are people out there who, if told they could get free $100 bills, would complain about waiting in line.

Depends on how hot it is, if there is shade available, and if there are free drinks! :D

Boris Badenov said:
Actuaries are paid a LOT of money because they're very, very good at determining Risk. .

I had a student who was an actuary. It was a lot of work getting him his commercial rating. He geared up his Mooney 6 months later. I am sure he was good at determining risk though, probably even saw it coming someday.

I had a student who was an actuary. It was a lot of work getting him his commercial rating. He geared up his Mooney 6 months later. I am sure he was good at determining risk though, probably even saw it coming someday.

Heh. Well no one said they were good at flying... ;)

I had the pleasure of flying in the King Air with Wayne yesterday as well as meeting his principle owner. It was an impromptu trip to talk some business. Let me tell you, it is a class act operation. I'm not here to blow sunshine up Wayne's skirt but to let you all know this is the real deal. Wayne is good people and the owner is 100% legit. This is a place where one could very well be happy for the rest of their flying career. The whole operation is ran professionally, safely, and with respect and courtesy to the crews.

For this particular owner, the Challenger 300 will be a perfect airplane and meet 99% of his needs non-stop.

Be wise folks and listen up to exactly what Wayne wants because someone is going be very happy here. If I am wrong let me know and I will eat crow.

Good luck and fly safe.

Wayne, good flying with ya buddy. I had a blast!!!

P.S. For those that interview, take this free advice. I would highly recommend being prepared on what it takes to fly 135 IFR! The rules and regs to it. Also how does the automation work in jets? For instance how does the autopilot work in your jet? What protections are offered by certain modes on the autopilot? Also know your Jepp charts. Oh and one last thing...Wayne is a Navy guy. Probably knowing something about a cruise line operator like Norwegian Cruise Lines could serve you well. :) (had to take the jab)

listen up to exactly what Wayne wants
Exactly why he doesn't have my resume. I don't have the required experience yet :p If I did he would have some extra paper on hand.

Wayne. I hope you get a good candidate out of this. Thanks for putting up with some of the crazy JC can offer :)

I had the pleasure of flying in the King Air with Wayne yesterday as well as meeting his principle owner. It was an impromptu trip to talk some business. Let me tell you, it is a class act operation. I'm not here to blow sunshine up Wayne's skirt but to let you all know this is the real deal. Wayne is good people and the owner is 100% legit. This is a place where one could very well be happy for the rest of their flying career. The whole operation is ran professionally, safely, and with respect and courtesy to the crews.

For this particular owner, the Challenger 300 will be a perfect airplane and meet 99% of his needs non-stop.

Be wise folks and listen up to exactly what Wayne wants because someone is going be very happy here. If I am wrong let me know and I will eat crow.

Good luck and fly safe.

Wayne, good flying with ya buddy. I had a blast!!!

P.S. For those that interview, take this free advice. I would highly recommend being prepared on what it takes to fly 135 IFR! The rules and regs to it. Also how does the automation work in jets? For instance how does the autopilot work in your jet? What protections are offered by certain modes on the autopilot? Also know your Jepp charts. Oh and one last thing...Wayne is a Navy guy. Probably knowing something about a cruise line operator like Norwegian Cruise Lines could serve you well. :) (had to take the jab)

LMAO! Roger that. It was nice meeting you as well FSI.

ALL: FSIFlyer was in the US until Monday so we got him an early interview. I have just finished going through all 147 resumes. I sent 130 unfortunate emails and 16 (17 if you count FSIFlyer) congratulations emails for interviews. I personally emailed every soul who applied. I hated being ignored when I was looking for a job, so I made it a point to answer everyone's emails, questions and notified them one way or the other. I wanted to get down to 10, but there are many good candidates............

If you got an interview, grats! I'll be speaking to you shortly. If you didn't, hang in there.....it can be tough at times.

Kila

Been watching this thread for a while. My only regret is that Wayne didn't man up and get a real airplane - like a Lodestar, and require lots of Aeronca and a little Waco and Howard time. Hope someone here gets the gig - Good for Wayne for putting it up. And Wayne - if you ever get a real airplane - with a tailwheel and radials - I'm your guy.

I personally emailed every soul who applied. I hated being ignored when I was looking for a job, so I made it a point to answer everyone's emails, questions and notified them one way or the other.
Kila

The Jet time was the only disqualifying factor for me in wanting to apply for this position...I, for one, want you to know that having a response - any response - is appreciated. I can't tell you how many non-answers occur even when applicants follow up, and how utterly frustrating and demoralizing it can be.

It might take time and effort (oh no!) but it speaks to the quality of a company you could be working for.

The Jet time was the only disqualifying factor for me in wanting to apply for this position...
Should have applied. He talked to the insurance broker and got the jet time squashed.

I didn't apply because of the multi requirement. About a year from hitting 1000 haha.

I didn't apply (although perhaps I should have, in retrospect!) I just wanted to second the "thanks for replying". In my view, it's a basic courtesy, but it's also extremely rare these days, and it's certainly indicative of a class act.

Back