Dream Corporate Job, Pilot, Part 135

Man! 5,000TT, 1700ME, 1300 turbojet, 800 ProLine, 350hrs KingAir 200/90, tons of Europe and NAT experience, but no KA350 type rating...
Figures, huh?
And the waiting for the call-so-I-don't-really-have-time-off-but-the-company-doesn't-have-to-pay-me kind of day off worries me.

You should apply if it sounds good. If you didn't notice, he mentioned that "for the right person" they might let you get the type, or even pay for it.

I would love this job! I live in Reno and don't want to ever leave! Unfortunately, I don't meet the requirements.... I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too??

Hi guys, just my $0.02 here. I know Wayne well enough that he is giving an honest scoop and this would be a long term, stable, career position. He is a no BS kind of guy and is giving it just how it is. While "dream" job is different to different people do keep in mind that many jobs turn into nightmares, and those are dreams as well. I am sure that at Wayne's company that would not be the case. Thanks for paying it forward!

Wayne, if you need a guy call me. I meet all the requirements except my King Air time was in a 200 and I am from California. :)

Just a quick question. What is the pay/salary for someone who has this experience and type on the 350 and jet experience as well and 135 ops experience?

the company and the flight schedule come first, before any personal things. Accept that, and you will be very happy here.

Thanks for posting, and best of luck finding an appropriate applicant. I will say, though, that I have a hard time squaring the above with the notion of a "dream job". Maybe I just don't understand what you mean...could you expound?

Having been in the corporate flying world for 10 years now, and flying for over 20, and it is of course my interpretation of a "dream job" and seriously, for the right person, I believe it could be as well. When I'm sitting in Palm Springs enjoying the weather, sipping on a scotch, knowing I leave the next day for a 2 day trip to Scottsdale then go home, I have, on numerous occasions said to myself "I love this job." I put the line about the company coming first, to sort of weed out folks who are on the fence about being away from their family, raising a kid, etc. It's not as bad as it sounds but in the corporate world, you can't call the boss' wife 3 hours before a flight and ask to cancel because your kid is sick. An emergency is one thing; an inconvenience entirely another. A lot of you have never been in the corporate world and I know my boss, the owner, how he thinks and what he expects.

Lastly, someone said something about the jet etc. We just just hired a broker, have been looking seriously for 6 months now, my boss' fractional contract is up this Summer and I have been directed to have purchased one, gotten the training/type rating on it, do all the paperwork and fly the 25 hours with the FAA to get it on our 135 certificate before that contract is up. We have made 6 offers on jets already. So it's not just words and a promise. I suppose there could be a chance that all that falls through, but who cares? So I don't get a "jet" raise and then still fly 180/yr with the rest of the time off? Gee, shoot me! :)

And that would be?????

I honestly do not know at this point. I will make my boss come up with a range of salary before the phone interviews with me. So if you are in the first batch of interviews, you will then know. While I have an idea about what it will be, I am not at liberty to even guess. "Range" will be based on experience and if we pay for your king air 350 type rating or not. Know that I will do my best to make the boss pay the person we hire, above the average. So do a little research peeps; Professional Pilot magazine salary survey would be a good place to start....oh, and you will be paid as a PIC (if you are qualified as such) not just an SIC even though you will just be an SIC for the first year or so. (We are on a single-pilot in command part 135 certificate and will be going to a basic certificate Summer of 2013) So you won't be punished salary wise due to the limitations of the certificate.

Sounds like a great job people. 1000 me is high for most, for myself as well. This does take on people that tend to have a better gig right now or are getting out of the regionals. If you want it, this is the job people retire at for a reason.

I love it when a operation does he right thing and hires for skill and experience and not the cheapest. I think you will have no issues finding someone based on what I have read. Plus, Fsiflyer gave you the thumbs up and I respect his opinion 100% of the time.

Wayne, you will have this thing staffed in no time. Please accept my recommendation for SFLAX. He's good people, even though he is Army. :) In fact, let him and I fly it with you and we can represent most of the military.

Semper Fi!

I put the line about the company coming first, to sort of weed out folks who are on the fence about being away from their family, raising a kid, etc. It's not as bad as it sounds but in the corporate world, you can't call the boss' wife 3 hours before a flight and ask to cancel because your kid is sick. An emergency is one thing; an inconvenience entirely another. A lot of you have never been in the corporate world and I know my boss, the owner, how he thinks and what he expects.

That seems much more reasonable. Does sound like a good gig.

Good luck to all and thanks for putting it on JC.

That seems much more reasonable. Does sound like a good gig.

Good luck to all and thanks for putting it on JC.

Agreed, didn't mean to be contentious, and it does sound like a good opportunity for the right person. Thanks for posting.

Makes more sense to me too!

I'll endorse the good comments about SFLAX except to say that his stock just went up finding out he is Army..

I have quite alot of KA time but in the B200 and C90. I still sent my resume in to see if it bites. Reno would be a nice area to live in. How long of a call out is it?

=Jason-

Wayne, you will have this thing staffed in no time. Please accept my recommendation for SFLAX. He's good people, even though he is Army. :) In fact, let him and I fly it with you and we can represent most of the military.

Semper Fi!

It's bad enough I have to deal with you jarheads! WTF am I supposed to do with a grunt in a foxhole? :bounce:

To all applying, it will probably be a month before I sit down and go through all the resumes, selecting who will get the first round of phone interviews. Don't get discouraged. I will post on here when that happens and if you don't get a call, then you'll know. I posted it here of course, but also on findapilot. I think I've got 40 applicants in 2 days already.

BTW, the minimums I quoted here were actually less than what my insurance broker told me. There's not much I can do beyond that. I would think however, with a KA350 type rating, the ME requirement could be less. The jet time however is an absolute minimum and I'm not sure that will fly considering some of the resume's I have seen thus far.

Back