Dream Corporate Job, Pilot, Part 135

wdwatts

Director of Flight Operations, ATP, TRI/TRE
Ok, gonna paste it below. I have been the chief pilot here for over a year and a half and this is a rare, dream type job.....for the right person. You will be working for me, flying quite a bit, transitioning to a jet, learning a lot, being safe and most importantly, having FUN!

Send resumes/questions here or to wayne@windairwest.com. Good luck!

Pilot in a small, corporate part 135 flight department. We currently have a King Air 350 w/ Pro Line 21 and will be buying a mid-size to super mid-size jet soon. We will be hiring sometime in the next few months. You must relocate to the area (Reno/Tahoe/Minden, NV) and moving expenses may or may not be provided. We will initially hire one person, then possibly one more. Full benefits (health, dental, 401k). Pay will be competitive and commensurate with your position.

You will initially be SIC on the King Air. The company will pay for your type rating in the jet, if you don’t already have it. After about a year, you will then be PIC, for both planes, on the certificate. This is regardless of your experience.

You must be professional and detail oriented. This is a rare opportunity to work for an excellent company, with a great schedule. Before you apply though, know that the company and the flight schedule come first, before any personal things. Accept that, and you will be very happy here. We are not looking for a time builder. Do NOT apply if you do not want to stay here. We want someone to stay with the company, grow and build relationships. Live here and be happy. It’s a great area to live.

You will report to the chief pilot and your duties will consist of, but not be limited to, the following:

- - Prepare the plane for each flight: stock with ice, food, drinks, straighten up, remove garbage. Order and pay for fuel. Get the clearance ahead of passenger arrival.
- - Make all hotel and transportation arrangements for passengers and pilots as necessary. Maintain professional and good working relationships with the FBO’s that we use.
- - Keep track of and maintain receipts for all travel expenses.
- - Do the accounting paperwork after trips, with the receipts, billing the appropriate entities.
- - Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Professional piloting skills with an emphasis on safety.
- - Be willing to learn and adapt to the way we do things. Be flexible.
- - If you have no part 135 experience, be ready and able to study hard as you will have a lot to learn and accomplish. Eventually you will also learn the rest of the duties of the department. I promote a learning environment and expect that each of us knows the other’s job, just in case.
- - Must be willing and able to be away from home for a number of days with absolutely no issues.
- - Be extremely honest, forthright and hard working.

The absolute minimum times are (Please do not apply if you don’t meet these…they are already lower than our insurance wants, but are what I think I can get by): Commercial/ME/Instrument, 1500TT, 1000 ME, 250 jet, and 50 in type (King Air 350). You must have a King Air 350 type rating, or I may consider the right candidate getting his or her own type rating for the job, or I may consider making some sort of deal with you for us to pay for it (in either of those cases, you have to be a highly qualified candidate in all other aspects). The company will pay for the jet type rating when we get it.

Bonuses:
- -King Air 350 w/ Pro Line 21 experience
- - Part 135 experience
- - Corporate flight department experience
- - International (Europe) and over-water flight experience
- - Jet time and experience
- - ATTITUDE. Work hard; Play hard. Semper Gumby.
- - Not just good, but outstanding piloting skills.

Selected candidates will first have a phone interview with the chief pilot (me). Further selection will result in either a phone and/or personal interview with the company CFO, and you will be asked for at least three to five references at this point. Final candidates will then personally interview with the owner AND go on a check flight with the chief pilot in the King Air.

Lastly, besides all the normal resume stuff, tell me about you. Really about you. Before I even call you, I want to know all I can about who you are. I don’t care how long or short it is; just be straight up with me and tell me what you think I should know about you……

May I ask why it is a "dream" job and not just a job? What sets this job apart from the other 135 jobs out there? Not being skeptical, just an honest question.

May I ask why it is a "dream" job and not just a job? What sets this job apart from the other 135 jobs out there? Not being skeptical, just an honest question.

Fair enough: I flew 183 hours last year, was overnight maybe 5 days a month, salaried with full benefits, company pays for everything, and I had what, an average of 2.5 weeks off per month at least? Oh, and paid bonuses yearly for a job well done. And you get to fly with me! :bounce:

Fair enough: I flew 183 hours last year, was overnight maybe 5 days a month, salaried with full benefits, company pays for everything, and I had what, an average of 2.5 weeks off per month at least? Oh, and paid bonuses yearly for a job well done. And you get to fly with me! :bounce:

And 30 min from Tahoe, 30 min from Reno, quiet nice areas to live, reasonable cost of living, tons to do around here.

I am in no position to apply, but I find it difficult to reconcile a "dream job" with one that requires me to put that job ahead of all personal matters. I am not sure about anyone else, but my dream job is one that allows me to fly but to NEVER have to miss a personal matter for that job. Just my .02 which are worth exactly nothing.

I am in no position to apply, but I find it difficult to reconcile a "dream job" with one that requires me to put that job ahead of all personal matters. I am not sure about anyone else, but my dream job is one that allows me to fly but to NEVER have to miss a personal matter for that job. Just my .02 which are worth exactly nothing.

I've said this many times before, but my "dream" job doesn't exist. It just doesn't, period. I don't dream of working. Work, irrespective of how enjoyable it is, is still work. This doesn't mean I'm lazy or disinterested, it's just the truth.

I've said this many times before, but my "dream" job doesn't exist. It just doesn't, period. I don't dream of working. Work, irrespective of how enjoyable it is, is still work. This doesn't mean I'm lazy or disinterested, it's just the truth.

Well, yeah, I think I would still flight instruct or tow banners or something fun. But since I am not inheriting a large trust find anytime soon work is something I will have continue to do. There are certainly jobs that I would classify as a dream job, being that I must work.

I have everything but the jet and KA350 time so maybe sometime later on... Either way thats for exclusively posting this here, one of the many perks of jetcareers.com!

man . . no kingair time, but a ton of Metroliner time! Sounds like a sweet job!!!!! And the ablity to move forward, for a long and happy career.

Heh. You would need to be filthy rich before becoming a banner tower just so you wouldn't go into debt and/or starve to death. It's not a fun life.

I would first like to say thank you for posting this job for the JC community! I would also like to point out that although everyone's definition of a dream job is different, this one would not be mine. From your description this job sounds like a single crew for a part 135 (NOT corporate) turboprop with the PROMISE of a jet later operation, in a situation that you get tons of time off (on call where you don't actually have a life, but you are not working either so the company thinks that you are off). I wish you well, and hope you find the guy that this is his dream job!

I wish BE-99 time could translate. Oh well.

You would think insurance would have a better way to do minimums when it comes to flying very similar airframes.

I wish BE-99 time could translate. Oh well.

You would think insurance would have a better way to do minimums when it comes to flying very similar airframes.
Maybe BE1900, since you used to get both types.

Lastly, this is jobs available, and exclusively on here at that! Let's stop trying to rain all over the parade eh?

Man! 5,000TT, 1700ME, 1300 turbojet, 800 ProLine, 350hrs KingAir 200/90, tons of Europe and NAT experience, but no KA350 type rating...
Figures, huh?
And the waiting for the call-so-I-don't-really-have-time-off-but-the-company-doesn't-have-to-pay-me kind of day off worries me.

Lastly, this is jobs available, and exclusively on here at that! Let's stop trying to rain all over the parade eh?

Wishing to have a job wont help qualified others get motivated for it? I would think it is a good thing to see. Worse would be that Reno Flight Services thread where you find the true colors of the company.

It is great it is on here exclusively and hope someone on here is able to get the job.

Wishing to have a job wont help qualified others get motivated for it? I would think it is a good thing to see. Worse would be that Reno Flight Services thread where you find the true colors of the company.

It is great it is on here exclusively and hope someone on here is able to get the job.
I kind of meant the people being like, oh I don't know, it's not perfect in my world so it's no good.
Maybe they have even better jobs. I know this would skyrocket my QOL.

Back