Don't Snap Roll A Hawker

12-Yipe!.png

Not quite accurate.....

Accident occurred Friday, March 28, 2008 in Monterrey, Mexico
Aircraft: British Aerospace 800A, registration: N167DD
Injuries: 2 Uninjured.
The foreign authority was the source of this information.

On March 28, 2008, at 0808 central standard time N167DD, a British Aerospace BAE 125 model 800A was substantially damaged while landing on runway 02 at Aeropuerta de Norte, near Monterrey, Mexico. After landing the crew taxied the airplane to the hanger and did not report the occurrence. Maintenance personnel noticed substantial damage to the fuselage and wings while performing routine maintenance.

Not quite accurate.....

Accident occurred Friday, March 28, 2008 in Monterrey, Mexico
Aircraft: British Aerospace 800A, registration: N167DD
Injuries: 2 Uninjured.
The foreign authority was the source of this information.

On March 28, 2008, at 0808 central standard time N167DD, a British Aerospace BAE 125 model 800A was substantially damaged while landing on runway 02 at Aeropuerta de Norte, near Monterrey, Mexico. After landing the crew taxied the airplane to the hanger and did not report the occurrence. Maintenance personnel noticed substantial damage to the fuselage and wings while performing routine maintenance.

That was there initial story - 9 days later they admitted to rolling it.

In the case that this is not an owner operated aircraft:

Must be pretty professional to do damage to someone else's airplane...

Those guys are lucky to be alive.

The fact that the airplane didn't come apart is a freakin' testament to the stout construction of the Hawker, I guess! When I saw them putting the wings on a new Citation at the factory in Kansas I was blown away by how skookum the jigs were and I can only imagine that the Hawker is just as strong.

Still though - who SNAP rolls a Hawker? How much of an idiot do you have to be to freaking snap roll one? Here's some more fuel for the fire:

I know the difference, just posting videos of people doing stupid things in airplanes, my youtube search was even "aileron rolls corporate jet."

It was meant to be 100% humorous, nothing directed at your youtube searching skills.

I used to fly traffic watch in a C152. One morning a former instructor at the outfit I worked at wanted to come along, so I said sure. In between radio calls he asked if we could do a snap roll. I told him to take a hike.

He worked for GoJet at the time.

That was there initial story - 9 days later they admitted to rolling it.
Highly doubtful and just fun internet banter. The only places the snap roll theory exists is on internet forums, no official news sources report it.

The damage is much more conducive to a hard landing.

Here's a photo of another aircraft that made a hard landing.

ao-2012-137_fig3b.jpg

Back