Don't Snap Roll A Hawker

Personally, I wouldn't, but the willingness to do so is very strange.
Give me an empty airplane, written permission from My Employer and Our Regulator to mess around, the competent supervision of an Embraer factory test pilot, and I might do some very gentle aerobatics (think Mr. Hoover and his pitcher of water), but snaprolls are right out.

But none of that will be happening anytime soon. And even if all of it did, you'd better believe I would not have a GoPro video on YouTube about it. "OMG DANGEROUS."

Give me an empty airplane, written permission from My Employer and Our Regulator to mess around, the competent supervision of an Embraer factory test pilot, and I might do some very gentle aerobatics (think Mr. Hoover and his pitcher of water), but snaprolls are right out.

But none of that will be happening anytime soon. And even if all of it did, you'd better believe I would not have a GoPro video on YouTube about it. "OMG DANGEROUS."

Just don't ask for any extra "maneuvering fuel."

Hoover's tea pouring flight was a barrel roll, a graceful maneuver in which the vector of the load factor keeps you squarely in your seat, pretty constant positive g load.

A quick aileron roll can knock the slobber out of your mouth, as your big head chases your body.

I've done both, although not in anything with enough roll rate to knock anything out of anyone's mouth. But big head? Really? Have I offended you in some way?

I've done both, although not in anything with enough roll rate to knock anything out of anyone's mouth. But big head? Really? Have I offended you in some way?
I was trying to illustrate the side forces at play in roll, nothing was directed at you.

fed7444dd75a88a4297ed037855d754e.jpg

Back