US AAirways A330 forgets to take the wrapper off a catering truck

Boeing has a Go-Team dedicated to fixing issues like this.
These guys:

ATL means "Kamikaze baggage carts".
nom nom nom
IqmOjU7.jpeg

Last edited:
Seems like a great time to get the Airbus guys involved, rather than scrap an entire airframe.

Forget Airbus, I'm buying the cockpit portion and using for my home simulator. Then I can feel like @Derg as I practice my instrument procedures and learn to flare 200 feet above the ground. :)

"Tri-Star Pictures, Inc. is an American film production studio of the Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group, owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment"

No mercy. Root-kit-makers. Sony should fail.

BACK OFFICE NAO!

ATL means "Kamikaze baggage carts".

I'll second that! Nearly got hit yesterday evening taxiing to the gate - I was sitting in the back of a DAL MD88 headed back to work. CA hit the brakes v hard and out of the window I saw a tug and luggage cart headed towards the right engine also braking heavily! Crazy barstewards!

Bp244

Ouch.

Is it really that expensive to fix that area that it's a write off?? I realize, that's a really serious job since you're dealing with the cabin pressure vessel, and a major repair would have to be done here, but how is it so cost prohibitive?

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/plane-skids-off-runway-in-rifle

This Falcon had some damage that was pretty impressive. The "double hull" around the fuel tanks was torn up enough to rupture the fuel tank. That in itself is impressive because those aircraft are built like nothing I have seen before. The aircraft went back to Falcon was thrown in a jig and had new wings built. It is now flying again. It was worth it to the manufacture.

So.... apparently the driver was swooping in on each aircraft in the bay shining the truck lights on the ship number on the nose gear doors.

There may or may not have been a number of empty mini-bottles located in the truck.

It'll be interesting to see if they can repair that amount of bulkhead damage.

Ouch.

Is it really that expensive to fix that area that it's a write off?? I realize, that's a really serious job since you're dealing with the cabin pressure vessel, and a major repair would have to be done here, but how is it so cost prohibitive?
Forget about the cost of the repair relative to the cost of a new aircraft.

In addition to the repairs, this aircraft would probably require a d-check. So, you need to look at the cost of the repair relative to the cost of purchasing an aircraft that just needs a d-check. Due to the cost of a d-check, many airlines and leasing companies park planes when it's time for a d-check.

So, this airline, insurer, or leasing company would be evaluating this aircraft's engineless, d-check value, taking into consideration age, cycles, etc before going ahead with repairs. I didn't notice where this aircraft was located, it's not cheap transporting this aircraft to the nearest heavy depot facility.

Given how many airworthy aircraft are parked, it's a buyers market. Also, if an airline has available reserve aircraft in storage, they may not want to spend $1 to repair.

Crop Duster said, in part:
: Forget Airbus, I'm buying the cockpit portion and using for my home simulator.

Many years ago, I was driving past the old Piper factory in Lock Haven, PA. A hurricane-created flood has buried a couple of dozen completed planes awaiting delivery to above the wings in mud. The water had receded, and the airframes had been hosed off enough for the insurance adjusters to do their thing.

I was on the way to my in-laws, so not in a hurry, and I detoured to to look at the write-offs. Home sims didn't exist yet, but I thought about buying a dirty Piper, cutting off the extraneous parts to leave the cockpit & cabin, and hanging it from a really big tree for the kids to play in. Missed opportunity!

Back