Don't hold your breath! 180+ Facilities on hiring freeze

B.R. wont even talk to me really till my clearances are in. My medical is in but not a single one of my backround check questionaire's has gone out to my people. Any LA PEPC people heard anything?

I talked to my facility manager and was told that I am filling a fiscal year 2010 slot, so I guess that means I will be waiting for a while.... So I am not looking to get a class date until at the earliest, September....

I talked to my facility manager and was told that I am filling a fiscal year 2010 slot, so I guess that means I will be waiting for a while.... So I am not looking to get a class date until at the earliest, September....

wow. I called mine and their like Hiring freeze? wtf? we need people now! haha.

B.R. wont even talk to me really till my clearances are in. My medical is in but not a single one of my backround check questionaire's has gone out to my people. Any LA PEPC people heard anything?

I have been considering whether or not to put in a request for a different location. But I don't know if that's a smart thing to do before I'm cleared. But then I've also heard that your location has alot to do with your school date. And now with this freeze, I wonder if I would be better off switching facilites. I'm currently headed for ZLA, but I'd like to go to BNA (which was not originally on my geo prefs list).

Anyone have any insight on if/when might be the better time to request a change? And anyone who has any info on BNA's staffing needs. Thanks!

im pretty sure FY10 doesnt start till November. so how would you get a date in September if the guy told you that your not goin to FY10?

im pretty sure FY10 doesnt start till November. so how would you get a date in September if the guy told you that your not goin to FY10?
I think he means that cuz he'd be out of the academy in FY2010, making him a new hire at his facility right as FY2010 starts.

Has anyone posed the question to their HR Rep?

Yes. My hr rep didn't say that it was 180 facilities. Just that many facilities are currently put on hold by the ATO. I wouldn't worry to much though. They are about to ramp up classes. I got the feeling that they aren't telling people at the facilities that there is a freeze because this is temporary. Besides, from what I read on here my facility has people at the academy already...You just never know whats really going on.

I just can't wait to learn my job. :)

no, sorry...we are doin Weather in basics and the stupid guy teaching it gives us like no time for breaks and lunch...i will check this week for you guys
haha. we got an hour for lunch the first wx day and usually at least 15 minute breaks.

I got called by the Security people yesterday asking for some documents from my school and the military..... some cunfusion on my DD214/school enrollment dates....looong story...... My Roomate and a few other have already recieved their Questionaires. But I haven't even checked on my medical clearance yet.... I guess I should do that.

Would they start the background without having a medical clearance? That would seem kind of a waste to me.

Back