Dispatcher Certification?

NickB3

I understand that you must be 23 years of age to receive the license from the FAA. Is it possible to take the knowledge test as well as the practical before you are 23?

Thanks for the help.

Yes you can take the knowledge test at 21. When I went thru school I was 22 and had to take a job as a crew scheduler until I turned 23 and moved over to dispatch. On the bright side how many 23 years olds have their foot in the door and are dispatching 747's worldwide....

I took the written and practical at 22, once you pass the class you will get a certificate and after your 23 birthday go to your local FSDO and get the certificate. I worked out well for me...

I took the written and practical at 22, once you pass the class you will get a certificate and after your 23 birthday go to your local FSDO and get the certificate. I worked out well for me...

yup thats what i did
but make sure u have 8400 filled out by the FAA examiner it has to be filled out properly so that the FSDO officer can send it to Oklahoma(?) for u to receive ur license in the mail.

Back