Digging around the home office

Found on old VFR sectional of Denmark.
Way back when, I was a member of the Ramstein AB Aeroclub. So took one of their warriors for the weekend and flew the family to Billund Denmark. Visited the original Legoland.

Attachments

• 20230512_072541.jpg
    20230512_072541.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 20230512_072530.jpg
    20230512_072530.jpg
    995.9 KB · Views: 15
I love that Lower Decks has a Tamarian security officer that slips back into allegory when he gets excited.

It’s an awesome little detail that makes the character and the show endearing.
Lower Decks is the Trek we deserved in a funny, short, easily accessible format. There's enough stuff to make old fans happy with it, and it's accessible enough to let new fans get into it, if that pre-coffee expression makes any sense.

Y’all ever think about how the “Darmok” episode was basically describing memes and reaction gifs; basically using shared cultural tropes — often in a visual format —that requires extensive cultural knowledge, rather than direct verbal articulation to have any significance?

Ever have to explain to your gram-gram what a “Chad” is or why that smiling face is drawn weird.

Beats the hell outta me how that culture managed to build a spaceship. Here on earth that kind of chatter just seems to make weebs and neo-Nazis.

edit: on the other hand, our own space program started off with a bunch of Nazis.

But on the third hand, they lost, and weren’t trying to build an ICBM using only lolcattes.
Remember before internet memes when a new will Ferrell movie would come out and we would just quote it at eachother all the time

Back