Derg, Update on Ground School Please

Are they calling the band "Black Sabbath" "Sunless Sunday (or Saturday if you're Jewish)" :)

Same here inNJ. Had the nephews over and they didn't know what sitting Indian style was. When I tried to explain it their mother cut me off and said they can't call it that in school any longer.

You gotta be chitting me? You serious?

And here's one for you @SeanD. I have a friend who is an elementary PE teacher. Well I can remember playing Dodgeball all the time when I was going through grade school. They can't call it that anymore. They call it PinGuard, whatever the hell that is. I guess dodegball has the connotation that the non-athletic kids are getting picked on.....

And here's one for you @SeanD. I have a friend who is an elementary PE teacher. Well I can remember playing Dodgeball all the time when I was going through grade school. They can't call it that anymore. They call it PinGuard, whatever the hell that is. I guess dodegball has the connotation that the non-athletic kids are getting picked on.....

:bang::bang:

So what about spin the bottle, pin the tail on the donkey, and king of the mountain?

What a sad world it is becoming, where everyone wins and nobody loses. We are screwed, as these people will grow up and become elected officials that will no nothing execept how to take their ball and go home if life doesn't cooperate.

It's sad and ridiculous. Gone are the days of playing cops and robbers, tag, dodge ball, red rover, musical chairs, duck duck goose, blind man's bluff, marbles, jump rope, cartwheels, wheel barrow, hop scotch, card games, teatherball, horse shoes, and jacks. Now kids just stand/sit around, are bored to death, get no exercise or build coordination/balance skills, burn off some energy and calories, let alone have any fun. You can blame the over protective parents and the stupid school districts for this nonsense. You have to play these games with your kids and grand kids at home now or at a party and hope some nit wit parent doesn't complain.

Gone are the days...

Nah. If I ever get roped in to having kids, they're going to need to be on their toes. "Let's all play Where Did Dad Hide The Bourbon"! Again. Little bastards are going to have to be on their toes if they want to eat, I can tell you that. What, you think this is a free ride? Listen, son, punch whoever told you that in the face the next time you see them. They'll Respect you for it.

We are screwed, as these people will grow up and become elected officials that will no nothing execept how to take their ball and go home if life doesn't cooperate.

How is that different than the last decade?

How is that different than the last decade?
Some of these changes that the various folks are bemoaning actually did happen in the last decade. I don't think I heard anyone in Seattle Public Schools, Highline 401 district, say "sit Indian-style."

With Derg on this.

Wide body FO pays, if managed correctly, more than left seat CA on the smaller narrowbodies, with a far, far better QoL.

I'd say the top 1/3 of every WB category is filled with "career FOs". They'll either upgrade to the WB, or stay put until they retire. Most of the MD-88/717 upgrades are coming out of the 757/767 category's middle/lower seniority right seat guys.

Admittedly, some guys upgrade out of ego, but for the money, what Derg is doing is the sweet spot.

Richman

Back