Derg, Update on Ground School Please

International designation for the 757/767 category. We used to have split categories, which was good as you didn't have two other guys who haven't done a crossing in months (years?) trying to fake their way through it.

#storytimewithUncleDerg

I know what it is, just busting Submarine Commander balls.

A 7ER isn't a type :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I was SLC for a number of years!
The grayer of the mustachioed ones will often sound off about how they did things at Western.

I learned very quickly at SkyWest that nobody gives a (poop) about how you did things at American Eagle.

International designation for the 757/767 category. We used to have split categories, which was good as you didn't have two other guys who haven't done a crossing in months (years?) trying to fake their way through it.

#storytimewithUncleDerg

#reallynotashardasitsounds

Testing out some lie-flats on a "7ER" for 11+ today/tomorrow. I'll report back. Supposedly it has winglets, should quiet the engine noise. :rolleyes:

The grayer of the mustachioed ones will often sound off about how they did things at Western.

I learned very quickly at SkyWest that nobody gives a (poop) about how you did things at American Eagle.

The only time I ever mentioned how things used to be done at my regional was when I screwed up a procedure by flashing back to old habits... "Flaps up...ahhh...I mean flaps zero."
Training captain- "That's the second beer you owe me."

Oh I've been there! Who do you fly for these days?

C5 like half the guys on this forum lol. Things are actually moving along pretty good. We've had more captains leave in the past month than we have all year so that's good signs for us junior guys. How about on your end?

#storytimewithUncleDerg
I resemble that remark!

How do you like spending more time working with my French Canadian brethren ?

If you're really early to sign in, you might see me meandering out of my morning airport reserve through your new crewroom hallway towards the employee parking lot bus. Flannel pajama pants and SIDA badge will be the giveaway.

Enjoy IOE with good company!
Just like old times at Castle, eh?! ;)

C5 like half the guys on this forum lol. Things are actually moving along pretty good. We've had more captains leave in the past month than we have all year so that's good signs for us junior guys. How about on your end?

Same ol' same ol', lot of seniority movement, little ways til upgrade though. Hopefully the phone rings soon; meanwhile I plan on doing a good amount of traveling in 2014!

Doug are you not a Captain there yet? you've been there over a decade right? What;s the upgrade # of decades these days?

Doug are you not a Captain there yet? you've been there over a decade right? What;s the upgrade # of decades these days?

IMG_0722.JPG

Did I commit a fauxpaux?

Nope!

It's a big airline with a lot of choices.

I have the "golden handcuffs" where I make as much (if not more in some situations) than many narrowbody captain but I get to see the world. Creates a disincentive to leave the right seat of the A-330 to go work for a living on the MD-88/90 and ESPECIALLY avoid the 717.

Instead of waking up from my nap in Amsterdam from a leg on the A-330, I'd be sitting around the pilot lounge eating an overpriced slice of airport pizza on a three hour "productivity sit" to fly four more legs to go layover for 9 hours at an airport Best Western. Ehh, played that game at the regionals.

And, probably take a pay cut.

I'll probably end up drunk and bored on a friday night and throw in a bid for A-320 captain which is enough of a pay differential to make the jump.

Last edited:
Back