Delta versus Alaska "Cat Fight" continues

Let's not forget the rest of the new flights:

"Delta will also increase its number of daily flights from Seattle to Anchorage, Alaska; Atlanta; Calgary, Alberta; Detroit; Los Angeles; San Francisco and Salt Lake City."

All new mainline flights. Hey, by the way, how do you get to Europe or Asia from SEA?

"Earlier this year, Delta launched international service to London-Heathrow, as well as Seoul and Hong Kong and now provides more international long-haul service from Seattle than all other airlines combined. This includes the top five destinations in Asia and three of the top four destinations in Europe. Delta is the only carrier to offer nonstop service from Seattle to Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo-Haneda."
Delta keeps slot, caveat is that it must be made daily. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...p-tokyo-route-as-american-rebuffed?cmpid=yhoo

HND is awesome. Took a lot less time to get there from Shibuya (compared to NRT), and the outdoor observation deck rocked. I highly recommend it as an alternative to NRT when going to/from Tokyo.

HND is awesome. Took a lot less time to get there from Shibuya (compared to NRT), and the outdoor observation deck rocked. I highly recommend it as an alternative to NRT when going to/from Tokyo.

That observation deck has a lot to do with why I became a pilot.

Back in the 80's when my family lived in Tokyo my dad would go on frequent business trips. Often we would go see him off and my mom would take us up to the observation deck to watch his plane take off. There is still embarrassing home video of 5-6 year old me getting so excited watching the airplanes that I'd flap my arms in the air.

Delta surrenders the route. It'll be interesting to see now if AA actually wants it or just didn't want them to have it.
Source? I can't find it online anywhere. Does this mean if AA wants it, it's theirs? Or do they have to bid for it again?

It defaults to AA. My guess is they give the NRT to JAL and then use that plane for HND, all under a JV.

Last edited:
Source? I can't find it online anywhere. Does this mean if AA wants it, it's theirs? Or do they have to bid for it again?
It's true. We've been competing against ANA who also operates a daily flight from SEA to HND using 777 and 787 aircraft. Their flight leaves SEA in the morning and gets into HND the next afternoon. It's more business traveler friendly due to the arrival time.

Back