Delta versus Alaska "Cat Fight" continues

I was told that the time slot is awful and that Japan won't budge on it. I think they're trying hard to negotiate something better. Delta claims that the original NWA 5th freedom rights were out of HND and they were involuntarily moved to NRT so they should be allowed at least one or two slots there. Japan disagrees. Will be interesting to see what happens. @Kingairer was right, they are doing is every so often (probably whatever the minimum required is) to keep the slot.

It's bad enough that I won't even nonrev to Haneda. You get in just before the last train. Any hang up in customs or other delay and you're either taking the most expensive cab ride of your life or spending the night in the airport.

Gonna need to save a few PFD checks to fly on the new guys. Must be one heck of a RJ.

996aa1d8e90c97ce529283b30103f089.jpg

8abceada0d047798c9ab723f63914ce3.jpg

That's a lot of "free" booze you gotta drink to make up for that cost.

So that's what a seat in first class costs. What about coach? Using the same dates as above, it's only $875.60 for Economy.
I checked it on my desktop and it was $2800 for economy as well, and on mobile it only offered up first class. But $875 is still way over priced, Alaska is $494 for non-refundable coach and $602 for first on the same dates. Seems like a funny way to start a price war. It will also be interesting to see how Delta's immigration stance will play with the sportsmen who make up most the the seasonal traffic into KTN and SIT. It probably won't matter as Juneau is the only bastion of democrats in the state.

I checked it on my desktop and it was $2800 for economy as well, and on mobile it only offered up first class. But $875 is still way over priced, Alaska is $494 for non-refundable coach and $602 for first on the same dates. Seems like a funny way to start a price war. It will also be interesting to see how Delta's immigration stance will play with the sportsmen who make up most the the seasonal traffic into KTN and SIT. It probably won't matter as Juneau is the only bastion of democrats in the state.

Sounds like you need to get a new laptop and mobile. Who said anything about this being a price war? You Alaskan types sure do seem to think everthing is about hurting you! Delta's stance on immigration will be a far distant memory by next summer. 90% of this country have no clue about this issue today.

Sounds like you need to get a new laptop and mobile. Who said anything about this being a price war? You Alaskan types sure do seem to think everthing is about hurting you! Delta's stance on immigration will be a far distant memory by next summer. 90% of this country have no clue about this issue today.

So how am I being hurt Mr. Gruber? Delta's starting price point isn't even in the ballpark of the competition. Now going with the logic previously stated in the Juneau thread, that people only care about price, why is Delta only throwing a RJ at this market at twice the seatfare?

As a self disclosure: We have no agreements with the eskimo, I am a fare paying passenger wherever I go. So that is why I was looking forward to more competitive pricing and maybe some year round service, by the time I can get vacation it will be back to one carrier in KTN.

Now if I have to give up my parking spot on the ramp... it's on.

Back