Delta Terminates Freedom Flying

EMcx3

For those of you who think MAG is not so bad...here you go <deleted>. Trying to negotiate 9 day off a month. Well you only have 6 more months to drag down the Pilot profession because MAG is done February 2009.

August 4, 2008

We have notified Freedom Airlines of our decision to terminate the Delta Connection CRJ-900 operating agreement as a result of Freedom’s failure to meet contractually-required metrics for on-time performance and completion rate. This decision to end the 76-seat, 14-aircraft agreement is separate from our March 31 announcement to end the Freedom 50-seat, 34-aircraft operating agreement, which is in litigation.
This year, in several metrics, including departures and arrivals, completions and customer satisfaction we’ve seen marked improvement in the Delta Connection carriers’ performance, but where we haven’t, we’ve taken immediate action.
We’re discussing with Freedom to determine the timing of the operational pull down. We expect it to be orderly and to have minimal to no impact to our customers. Because we own the 14 CRJ-900 aircraft, which have been flying primarily in the Northeast, we will reallocate them to other Delta Connection carriers.

For those of you who think MAG is not so bad...here you go <deleted>. Trying to negotiate 9 day off a month. Well you only have 6 more months to drag down the Pilot profession because MAG is done February 2009.

Got some, uh, strong opinions on Mesa, eh?

Which shining beacon of perfection do you work for in this godforsaken business? Wherever it is, I'm betting that you didn't have to fight Johnny "Lorenzo" Orenstein to hold on to your flying.

PCL_128's Rule # 387 about ALPA: regional pilots that talk #### about MAG pilots were probably in junior high when the MAG pilots were fighting against Freedumb-A.

I saw this today earlier today on the internal Delta site. Guess that might explain why Mesa decided not to hire me, I got my email today after interviewing last week.

Which shining beacon of perfection do you work for in this godforsaken business? Wherever it is, I'm betting that you didn't have to fight Johnny "Lorenzo" Orenstein to hold on to your flying.

PCL_128's Rule # 387 about ALPA: regional pilots that talk #### about MAG pilots were probably in junior high when the MAG pilots were fighting against Freedumb-A.

I'm at ExpressJet....I held out until I could go to a quality operation, not a bottom feeder. As far as fighting Orenstein the answer is simple, don't work for MESA. That's the problem though, there will always be people who will accept 1800 dollars and 8 days off a month to fly a jet.

That is why I'm getting out of the airline industry. This is my last month XJT... Going back into the oil industry where people actually earn compensation equal befitting the responsibilities of their work.

Your attitude towards anyone who dares disagree with you on anything amazes me. Try teaching sometimes instead of belittling.

Ah shoot.... let them battle it out.... This goes way way back. Both are great guys just have a strong difference between each other on topics!

That is why I'm getting out of the airline industry. This is my last month XJT... Going back into the oil industry where people actually earn compensation equal befitting the responsibilities of their work.
This reply starts out alright then rapidly deteriorates into a rant, be advised.

It is what you make of it. Don't work for an airline if the QOL is that poor. You have other options. There will always be people who are willing to work for less in aviation because they don't know any better. I don't think I'll ever work for a "real" airline, because I don't think I want to be a cog in that machine. You're anonymous there.

If you want a family oriented outfit, where the DO and CP know you on a first name basis, and offer you the keys to their summer home, then look for a mom and pop airtaxi/airservice/airwhatever. If its so important to you to fly jets, then build your time and go to a fractional where you're actually paid more than $1800/mo. I don't work for an airline, I'm not building multi turbine pic (I still fly upwards of 80hrs/mo), and guess what, I'm making $45k a year starting. And I'm home every night.

If you want QOL then go out and find it, however, if you think you're owed it because "by god, I'm a pilot, and peoples' lives are in my hand" then wake up. You are a bus driver. We all are, and compared to a lot of jobs we have it really really good. When was the last time you had to dig a post hole at your flying job? Or take disrespect from the average joe on the street because your profession is looked down upon? Never. We don't work very hard at all, we barely do anything. In fact, when we are at work we spend most of our time sitting down! The problem is that it seems there are too many people who over-inflate their own value when it comes to aviation, we are all replaceable and irrelevant in the eyes of the big airline. Don't you think for a minute that the airline would go to bat for you if you were involved in a certificate action.

The industry is out to make money and can't handle prima dona salaries at an entry level job. You work at eXpress jet, not netjets. Its all about supply and demand, there is no demand for XJET FOs, because every new ATP grad wants to fly jets and is willing to take a pay cut for the "jet time." There are, however, great shortages in pilots in other sectors of the industry. Flight instructors are running dry, freight dawgs are in short supply, 207 drivers in Bethel and the north slope are at an all time low, and upgrade into the Caravan is happening faster than ever before.

What it really comes down to at the end of the day is ego, this argument is all about ego. You (and a good many others out there. so please don't take it personal as this is not flame per se) want to be the "Airline Pilot." You want to walk around in the monkey suit at the airport terminal while all the civilians look at you in awe. "How smart he must be to be a pilot." Well, flying isn't about that. Flying isn't about prestige, or even about the whopping 600hrs of turbine SIC you have accumulated, flying is about your personal connection with the sky, and the joy you feel by doing something challenging. The sooner people realize that flying at Mesa/Expressjet/United/whatever won't solve their life's problems and catapult them into greatness and wealth, that flying at any company won't change anything about them, and the only thing that can make you happy is your self, the sooner they will really find true happiness, and will feel worthwhile, and satisfied with the way things are.

</rant>

I thought you were leaving jetcareers?

I came back just for you. Aren't you thrilled?

Your attitude towards anyone who dares disagree with you on anything amazes me. Try teaching sometimes instead of belittling.

As a matter of fact, I am thrilled you decided to return! And like others have said, many JC'ers feel the same way.

Also, there is WAAAY more education coming from PCL than most other users. Not every post, all the time, needs to be filled with education. ;) It's up to you to believe what he's saying or not. Lots of good info, PCL! Thanks, I appreciate your contribution to JC!

This reply starts out alright then rapidly deteriorates into a rant, be advised.

It is what you make of it. Don't work for an airline if the QOL is that poor. You have other options. There will always be people who are willing to work for less in aviation because they don't know any better. I don't think I'll ever work for a "real" airline, because I don't think I want to be a cog in that machine. You're anonymous there.

If you want a family oriented outfit, where the DO and CP know you on a first name basis, and offer you the keys to their summer home, then look for a mom and pop airtaxi/airservice/airwhatever. If its so important to you to fly jets, then build your time and go to a fractional where you're actually paid more than $1800/mo. I don't work for an airline, I'm not building multi turbine pic (I still fly upwards of 80hrs/mo), and guess what, I'm making $45k a year starting. And I'm home every night.

If you want QOL then go out and find it, however, if you think you're owed it because "by god, I'm a pilot, and peoples' lives are in my hand" then wake up. You are a bus driver. We all are, and compared to a lot of jobs we have it really really good. When was the last time you had to dig a post hole at your flying job? Or take disrespect from the average joe on the street because your profession is looked down upon? Never. We don't work very hard at all, we barely do anything. In fact, when we are at work we spend most of our time sitting down! The problem is that it seems there are too many people who over-inflate their own value when it comes to aviation, we are all replaceable and irrelevant in the eyes of the big airline. Don't you think for a minute that the airline would go to bat for you if you were involved in a certificate action.

The industry is out to make money and can't handle prima dona salaries at an entry level job. You work at eXpress jet, not netjets. Its all about supply and demand, there is no demand for XJET FOs, because every new ATP grad wants to fly jets and is willing to take a pay cut for the "jet time." There are, however, great shortages in pilots in other sectors of the industry. Flight instructors are running dry, freight dawgs are in short supply, 207 drivers in Bethel and the north slope are at an all time low, and upgrade into the Caravan is happening faster than ever before.

What it really comes down to at the end of the day is ego, this argument is all about ego. You (and a good many others out there. so please don't take it personal as this is not flame per se) want to be the "Airline Pilot." You want to walk around in the monkey suit at the airport terminal while all the civilians look at you in awe. "How smart he must be to be a pilot." Well, flying isn't about that. Flying isn't about prestige, or even about the whopping 600hrs of turbine SIC you have accumulated, flying is about your personal connection with the sky, and the joy you feel by doing something challenging. The sooner people realize that flying at Mesa/Expressjet/United/whatever won't solve their life's problems and catapult them into greatness and wealth, that flying at any company won't change anything about them, and the only thing that can make you happy is your self, the sooner they will really find true happiness, and will feel worthwhile, and satisfied with the way things are.

</rant>

Very well said.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Ah PCL 128…. I couldn’t have asked for a better example of why airlines pilots at places like Mesa continue to experience horrible work conditions. You are the epitome of what I am talking about. For those who don’t know, this fine professional paid for his airline job at Gulfstream. I guess 1800 dollars a month at Mesa is outstanding compared to paying to sit in the right seat of a Beach 1900 like you did. Way to go…. The only thing more pathetic is that between here and FI you have posted more than 11,000 times.

Back