Delta Sucks........

Terrain features in GA? Hills? The only respectable terrain features to speak of in CONUS are those located from Big Bend, TX and westward. :D

I'll give the seasons things though. Midwest, the south and New England states do have nice ones.

Only thing I don't care for is humidity.
Very true. I own a business in PA, so I spend a lot of time up there and get the season changes. And with flying, you get the seasons wherever you live anyway. I always think it's funny when people on the east coast say "We're heading up to the mountains." Hills...maybe...mountains...no. The tallest point in PA is only 1000 feet higher than downtown Las Vegas. I guess you could call Mt. Washington (NH) a mountain (6288ft), and it does have some interesting weather.

There is no universally-accepted definition of mountain. Often, whether something is called a mountain depends on usage among the local people. One more objective definition is that mountains are land areas that are greater than 2,500m in height, or 1500-2499m if their slope is greater than 2 degrees, or 1000-1499m if their slope is greater than 5 degrees and local (radius 7km) elevation is greater than 300m, or 300-999m if their local (radius 7km) elevation is greater than 300m.[1]

Same thing happens with bodies of water. In Maine, a lake is a pond, and in Florida, a pond is a lake:D

I never said that Georgia was a bad place to live, just Atlanta. I have many friends in GA, in Savanah, Tybee Island, Brunswick, and LaGrange. All wonderful places and I love visiting those towns.

Very true. I own a business in PA, so I spend a lot of time up there and get the season changes. And with flying, you get the seasons wherever you live anyway. I always think it's funny when people on the east coast say "We're heading up to the mountains." Hills...maybe...mountains...no. The tallest point in PA is only 1000 feet higher than downtown Las Vegas. I guess you could call Mt. Washington (NH) a mountain (6288ft), and it does have some interesting weather.

There is no universally-accepted definition of mountain. Often, whether something is called a mountain depends on usage among the local people. One more objective definition is that mountains are land areas that are greater than 2,500m in height, or 1500-2499m if their slope is greater than 2 degrees, or 1000-1499m if their slope is greater than 5 degrees and local (radius 7km) elevation is greater than 300m, or 300-999m if their local (radius 7km) elevation is greater than 300m.[1]

Same thing happens with bodies of water. In Maine, a lake is a pond, and in Florida, a pond is a lake:D

I never said that Georgia was a bad place to live, just Atlanta. I have many friends in GA, in Savanah, Tybee Island, Brunswick, and LaGrange. All wonderful places and I love visiting those towns.

LOL....I know. Just a little friendly east vs west ribbing :) I do like the seasons there though. Seasons here are desert.....desert with flowers on it.......desert. :D

So on a different note, where's the best BBQ located? When I was in GA, I though I was going to get killed when I asked why a particular BBQ place's sauce was so "watered down" and cheap looking. Guess that's vinegar-based? :D

Oh, and need to specify unsweetened tea when ordering at a restaurant.

LOL....I know. Just a little friendly east vs west ribbing :) I do like the seasons there though. Seasons here are desert.....desert with flowers on it.......desert. :D

So on a different note, where's the best BBQ located? When I was in GA, I though I was going to get killed when I asked why a particular BBQ place's sauce was so "watered down" and cheap looking. Guess that's vinegar-based? :D

Oh, and need to specify unsweetened tea when ordering at a restaurant.
One thing I did learn about Canada...they don't have unsweetened iced tea. Tried in many places and they look at you funny:D

So, your BBQ was like the stuff they call chili in Cincinnati! That stuff is nothing more than runny meat spaghetti sauce, but they will tell you it's the greatest! Real chili? Look to Texas!

BBQ? What type? Pork, chicken, brisket? Here are a few I thought were great.

For Pork:
1. Duck Deli - Duck, NC (Outter Banks) - Great pulled pork, great sauces, great hushpuppies!
2. Red, White, and Blue - Annapolis, MD - Great pork BBQ, fun atmosphere

For Beef:
1. Joe Morley's - Midvale, UT - sloooow cooked brisket...yumm!
2. Brick Yard BBQ - Denver, CO - GREAT beef brisket!

For ALL:
1. Buckingham's BBQ - Springfield, MO (in front of our crew hotel) - Good multi-meat BBQ platters. Voted Best BBQ in Springfield/Branson for 11 years straight.
2. Weber Grill Restaurant - Chicago, IL -Saw this on Food Network, went, was not disappointed! Great food all cooked on huge charcoal grills (INDOORS!)
3. Daddy Dz - Atlanta, GA - Great food, not fancy, but great BBQ

Just a few listed here. Hey, I love to eat:laff:
Looking forward to visiting a few friends in Western PA this spring. We are headed to Denny's Beer Barrel Pub in Clearfield, PA, where we will attempt the 3lb burger challenge. If I can do it, I'll try the 6lb burger next time! Man, I'm gonna need a high colonic!!!:D

You're really telling me there's amazing BBQ about 5 blocks from where I used to live in Cottonwood Heights, UT?

It's only a 40 minute drive from up here in Park City, I might have to go check this out.

John, you need to check out Pats BBQ. Way good and was even on the travel channel best food joints.

155 West Commonwealth drive.

Its West Temple and like 2190 South, in Salt Lake.

I'll meet you guys there one of these days. Its true BBQ you can barely get through 3 ribs.

http://www.patsbbq.com/

No one steal my old student credit card number. If you do, I'm sure he will make it up back in India.

Yep, there isn't anyway in hell that I could live in Florida. No thanks. I like seasons and terrain features.

I prefer having things to do and friends to hang out with, hence the reason I plan on moving back to Florida. :)

I was back in Memphis all of two weeks before I said "Oh yeah. Now I remember why I left."

I don't know, K.C. has some purty darn good BBQ. And if you don't like R.C. Cola you are part of the Communist regime.

Back