Delta Sucks........

Try finding a Pepsi product in a vending machine in that atrocity of an airport we call ATL. Awful airport, awful airline, might as well serve Coke. Coke's only good products are Dr. Pepper and Mug rootbeer (neither of which is served on Delta).

I can see the news headlines now:
"Delta crew flies non-stop JFK to Mumbai, no relief crew needed"
When CNN reporter asked the captain how they did it, his reply was:
"Chip, I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!"

Ah, sorry, had to put that Talladega Nights reference in there:laff:

With it being Delta, I'm surprised we aren't served Great Value or some white can with a label that says "SODA".

Whatever brand they use can be used to wash down the 1 oz. RJ cookie with ease. Seamless transition my A$&!

http://www.aircrewsunite.com/

If you're looking for a sugary, carbonated cola beverage. You can't beat real sugar coke. Why we can't get real sugar coke in the US outside of Mexico or Europe is stupid.

Corn syrup tastes terrible and unfortunately if you haven't left the CONUS, you'd never tasted it.

Does Food City carry it?

Costco. But I generally only go to Food City for tortillas, carne asada or semi-decent pico de gallo.

DT, BigD, yea Food City carries Mexican coke. Not sure how Costco sells it, probably by the case.

Food City sells it by the bottle to the tune of $1.50

I also saw a Fry's near me Thomas/32nd st that sells it by the bottle.

DT, yea, yea..I know yo never go past Shea unless you're goin' to work!

:buck: :laff:

P.S. They have Food City in SDL??? news to me..

Coke's only good products are Dr. Pepper and Mug rootbeer (neither of which is served on Delta).

Neither of those are Coke products, although in some parts of the country they may be bottled by a common bottler. Mug Root Beer is a Pepsi product and Dr. Pepper is Dr Pepper Snapple Group, formerly Cadbury Schweppes, formerly Dr. Pepper/Seven Up, etc. but has never been a Coke product.

Neither of those are Coke products, although in some parts of the country they may be bottled by a common bottler. Mug Root Beer is a Pepsi product and Dr. Pepper is Dr Pepper Snapple Group, formerly Cadbury Schweppes, formerly Dr. Pepper/Seven Up, etc. but has never been a Coke product.
Well, there you go then....no good Coke products:)
Barq's was the rootbeer I had in mind that is bottled by Coke and sold in Coke machines.

Feel free to quit, bro. Greatest Airport, greatest airline!
I have never, never, been into ATL without a problem. Whether it was working a flight, DH'ing, or non-rev'ing. Arrival/Departure delays, gate delays, awful service by gate agents and ground crews, rude gate agents, dirty bathrooms, and a heating system that makes it 100 degrees in the terminals from October to April. Greatest airport? I hope you are kidding! I was JFK based and I'd pick JFK over ATL any day. And lets not forget the city of Atlanta, a city that is in Newsweeks "Unhappiest Cities Top 10"....right up there with the other awful DAL hub city, Cincinnati.

Greatest airline? Maybe you're living in 1970, Delta is in no way "A great airline". It is an airline that still runs like it is 1970, and does not know how to adapt to changing times. If you came out of bankruptcy, you would take it easy, watch your spending, and re-establish yourself. Not DAL! Let's give the CEO and higher management a bonus for getting out of bankruptcy. Hey, let's have someone design a new logo and spend money to paint every plane, which will make everyone believe that we have changed. A great airline, with shares at $5, let me get my checkbook! Next time they claim bankruptcy, what will be their excuse? Oh, there will be a next time.

Me? Quit? No need for that, I was furloughed. Thanks for the block hour cuts DAL!

Me? Quit? No need for that, I was furloughed. Thanks for the block hour cuts DAL!

Taking it a little personal there huh? Sorry about hearing you've been furloughed. It sucks. I know. I was out for 4 1/2 years, so I've walked further in your shoes than you have. Don't let the anger get the best of you. Use this time to your advantage. Me, I went and got a job working in management, to fill out the ole resume with more then just piloting stuff.
Make yourself more marketable.

That said, what you ran into is the problem with working for a sub-contractor. You will always be held hostage to the bottom line even more so since you don't own or control the flying hours.

Taking it a little personal there huh? Sorry about hearing you've been furloughed. It sucks. I know. I was out for 4 1/2 years, so I've walked further in your shoes than you have. Don't let the anger get the best of you. Use this time to your advantage. Me, I went and got a job working in management, to fill out the ole resume with more then just piloting stuff.
Make yourself more marketable.

That said, what you ran into is the problem with working for a sub-contractor. You will always be held hostage to the bottom line even more so since you don't own or control the flying hours.
I am more marketable. I have a college degree, drove tractor-trailer for over 15 years, and I own my own business.
Still....ATL and DAL ain't the greatest. And that has nothing to do with "taking it a little personal"
Oh, and we are not a "sub-contractor", we are owned by DAL.....and that is why they can easily cut hours and not breech a contract.

I am more marketable. I have a college degree, drove tractor-trailer for over 15 years, and I own my own business.
Still....ATL and DAL ain't the greatest. And that has nothing to do with "taking it a little personal"
Oh, and we are not a "sub-contractor", we are owned by DAL.....and that is why they can easily cut hours and not breech a contract.

+1

At XJ, I'm sure my time will come in a few years as well. I'll probably go back to EMI work certifying aircraft.

Thanks for insulting my home, I appreciate that. My family has only been in Atlanta since the 1840's.

Lowlevel,
Sorry to hear about your furlough. Endured that myself for a few years. It's not fun, or easy.

I have to say though, I think you're way out of line when taking shots at DAL and ATL. Times are tough right now for every airline, and their feed sources. Ask the Expressjet guys how they feel about their company and CAL right now. Ask the furloughed pilots at CAL, Alaska, American, United, World, and potentially UPS and FedEx how they feel about their companies right now. Ask the furloughed pilots at many of the regionals as well. You think you're the only one feeling the pinch just because DAL owns Comair?

I'm sorry, but the size and scope of the regionals has been growing nearly unchecked for a long time now. Cutting capacity there makes financial sense. It wasn't a personal attack on you.

As for all the darts you sling at DAL, you sound like someone truly insulated from the industry. Look around. Who would you trade places with?

Thanks for insulting my home, I appreciate that. My family has only been in Atlanta since the 1840's.

And lets not forget the city of Atlanta, a city that is in Newsweeks "Unhappiest Cities Top 10"....right up there with the other awful DAL hub city, Cincinnati.

I think I'd be taking the complaint up with Newsweek. :)

And lets not forget the city of Atlanta, a city that is in Newsweeks "Unhappiest Cities Top 10"....right up there with the other awful DAL hub city, Cincinnati.

I think I'd be taking the complaint up with Newsweek. :)

Newsweek isn't fit to be cut up into squares of striking paper for use in an outhouse.

I like Atlanta so far. Lots to do, plenty to see, and not too shabby when it comes to the number of good looking ladies.

And.... it's not Memphis. :D

I like Atlanta so far. Lots to do, plenty to see, and not too shabby when it comes to the number of good looking ladies.

And.... it's not Memphis. :D

Ouch. Well, I admit that I choose the suburbs of Memphis any day over Memphis. Before you get on your high horse, things I've been hearing about Atlanta from it's residence (2 of my FO's) were nothing to be proud of.

Back