Delta opening new hire window?

Compass can flow 20 per class or 25% of their list per year. With their list at about 400 pilots, thats 100 guys a year. Mesaba can flow 9 per month so Delta could just bring guys on from only those two carriers for an entire year as needed. .

100 per year is 8 per month. Plus the Mesaba 9 p/month is 17. So where are the other 10-15 per class new hires coming from?

...errr is that due to the new "enhanced" seniority on reserve system that was MOU'd into our contract and took things a little too far? I'm really not bitter I swear!

If you think the reserve system is unfair to junior folks now, you should have seen it before when a senior pilot could bid high yellows and never fly. It was basically most junior flys until times out, then next most junior etc. Who didn't want to stay home and get paid to do nothing but go to the sim every three months to get some landings.

If you think the reserve system is unfair to junior folks now, you should have seen it before when a senior pilot could bid high yellows and never fly. It was basically most junior flys until times out, then next most junior etc. Who didn't want to stay home and get paid to do nothing but go to the sim every three months to get some landings.

Yeah it's been explained to me as the justification of the new system. I frankly think they are both BS. I've felt like sticking a fork in my eye since Feb because of the new system. Yes I should work more than a more senior guy but that doesn't mean that a small group of people should be forced to ensure another group stays on eternal vacation (excluding June-Sept when everyone is busy). There's nothing about the scenario that I'm ok with.

Easy there I've been crying uncle all summer...errr is that due to the new "enhanced" seniority on reserve system that was MOU'd into our contract and took things a little too far? I'm really not bitter I swear!

I was hoping you'd be able to pick up that six-day AMS/BOM trip that I got 23K'd from during the "Siege of Dakar"

I was hoping you'd be able to pick up that six-day AMS/BOM trip that I got 23K'd from during the "Siege of Dakar"

I've been bidding 4 and 5 day stretches because it seems to be the only way I avoid too many short calls. Plus I'm want you to be the other FO on the trip so I can go on the Derg BOM adventure!

Ahh, the "Yes, Cav, that's Tehran. Why do you look so worried?" :)

Reactions: Cav
Yeah it's been explained to me as the justification of the new system. I frankly think they are both BS. I've felt like sticking a fork in my eye since Feb because of the new system. Yes I should work more than a more senior guy but that doesn't mean that a small group of people should be forced to ensure another group stays on eternal vacation (excluding June-Sept when everyone is busy). There's nothing about the scenario that I'm ok with.
I guess we could go to the A day system that the FAs have. I'm sure that will go over well.
As an aside, you didn't really think things would be better once you got hired at a mainline, did you? It's the same managment mentality just with bigger planes.

Is the Mrs ATL or JFK? A-days would suck out of JFK with three airports.

I guess we could go to the A day system that the FAs have. I'm sure that will go over well.
As an aside, you didn't really think things would be better once you got hired at a mainline, did you? It's the same managment mentality just with bigger planes.

Cptnchia I'm not advocating anything remotely close to what the FA's have. I'm not even asking for something that is "fair" across the board. I'm just mearly aluding to what Buzo exemplified. He's flown 22 hrs while I've been maxed out each month and haven't even been able to fill up to get an additional day off nor add 1 extra hour to my paycheck through going over ALV via YS.

Mgmt didn't create the issue because things were exponentially better for me for over a year until DALPA changed the system. Yes I know I'm new so I have no right to complain. I'm just absolutely worn out after this summer and this time I can't even really be sure I'm going to get a break during the fall slow down. Sorry for the griping I'm really not at all like that and I'm plenty thankful for what I have...just tired and missing home.

I definitely know how it feels on the other side also. I was getting abused on the Airbus when Loa29 went into effect.

I definitely know how it feels on the other side also. I was getting abused on the Airbus when Loa29 went into effect.

What fleet are you on now Buzo? Glad you've had a good summer. Send some karma my way! :D

Is the Mrs ATL or JFK? A-days would suck out of JFK with three airports.
She actually resigned, although she likes to say she "retired." Got tired of the inflight BS. Got some good stories of the buffoonery going on over there. Best told over a cold one. Definitely bidding a LAS layover for the 13th.

She actually resigned, although she likes to say she "retired." Got tired of the inflight BS. Got some good stories of the buffoonery going on over there. Best told over a cold one. Definitely bidding a LAS layover for the 13th.

Graduated? :)

(running for cover)

What fleet are you on now Buzo? Glad you've had a good summer. Send some karma my way! :D
I took a VD to ATL DC-9 and got the paid move. I am just above 50%, much better than sitting 7 from the bottom on the 320 commuting to DTW.

Reactions: Cav
Oh Seggy, nous savons que vous êtes tous au sujet des avions français maintenant!

Back