Delta - is this possible?

You know, I've never really put much thought into this. I don't believe that there is such an aircraft as an "MD-80." The MD-80 is a family of aircraft comprised of the MD-81, MD-82, MD-83, and MD-88. These aircraft have similar dimensions. Range, and some weights, differ. The cockpits are different. An MD-82 can have analog engine indications and digital engine indications. American Airlines has EADI/EHSI with analog engine indications on some (most?) of their MD-82s. I think an MD-88 has only digital engine indications with EADI/EHSI. Delta isn't the only airline that operates the MD-88. As far as the cabin thing goes, I think that it's pretty much configured however the airline wants. Delta has three rows of seats on the left and two rows on the right, whereas other airlines choose to have the opposite.

You know, I've never really put much thought into this. I don't believe that there is such an aircraft as an "MD-80." The MD-80 is a family of aircraft comprised of the MD-81, MD-82, MD-83, and MD-88. These aircraft have similar dimensions. Range, and some weights, differ. The cockpits are different. An MD-82 can have analogue engine indications and digital engine indications. American Airlines has EADI/EHSI with analogue engine indications on some (most?) of their MD-82s. I think an MD-88 has only digital engine indications with EADI/EHSI. Delta isn't the only airline that operates the MD-88. As far as the cabin thing goes, I think that it's pretty much configured however the airline wants. Delta has three rows of seats on the left and two rows on the right, whereas other airlines choose to have the opposite.

CAL had simple MD-80's. They had an identical cockpit with the DC-9.

You know, I've never really put much thought into this. I don't believe that there is such an aircraft as an "MD-80." The MD-80 is a family of aircraft comprised of the MD-81, MD-82, MD-83, and MD-88. These aircraft have similar dimensions. Range, and some weights, differ. The cockpits are different. An MD-82 can have analogue engine indications and digital engine indications. American Airlines has EADI/EHSI with analogue engine indications on some (most?) of their MD-82s. I think an MD-88 has only digital engine indications with EADI/EHSI. Delta isn't the only airline that operates the MD-88. As far as the cabin thing goes, I think that it's pretty much configured however the airline wants. Delta has three rows of seats on the left and two rows on the right, whereas other airlines choose to have the opposite.

:D Oh oh oh, you forgot to mention that Delta is the only airline that operates the MD-90 in the US. ;)

I have noticed that the AA 82 cockpits have that ugly teele blue color and look Russian.

Wanna tick off an AA captain? Next time you jumpseat on AA, when he or she asks you if you are familiar with a Super 80, tell them no, but that you are familiar with the MD88. You'd better also hope that they have a sense of humor, of you're not going anywhere for awhile!

CAL had simple MD-80's. They had an identical cockpit with the DC-9.

I think that's because they were opertating the MD-80's with the DC-9's. Kind of like the what they're doing with the 737's. The EFIS for their NG's is set up with the same instrument configuration as their 737-300's and -500's.

You know, I've never really put much thought into this. I don't believe that there is such an aircraft as an "MD-80." The MD-80 is a family of aircraft comprised of the MD-81, MD-82, MD-83, and MD-88. These aircraft have similar dimensions. Range, and some weights, differ. The cockpits are different. An MD-82 can have analog engine indications and digital engine indications. American Airlines has EADI/EHSI with analog engine indications on some (most?) of their MD-82s. I think an MD-88 has only digital engine indications with EADI/EHSI. Delta isn't the only airline that operates the MD-88. As far as the cabin thing goes, I think that it's pretty much configured however the airline wants. Delta has three rows of seats on the left and two rows on the right, whereas other airlines choose to have the opposite.

Hey, question for you. What is the name of that big ball of fire in the sky that moves from east to west?

Ah! But what's different about the tailcone on the MD-90 apart from the -88?

:D Oh oh oh, you forgot to mention that Delta is the only airline that operates the MD-90 in the US. ;)

I have noticed that the AA 82 cockpits have that ugly teele blue color and look Russian.

Are Delta's 88/90 cockpits all tan? I know AA still has some teal ones and CO did...

You guys lost me at screwdriver...

There's a conical tail like you'll see on the DC-9's:

attachment.php

Compared to the "screwdriver" tail. It's a slang that mad dog/diesel-9/MDGeeks use:

attachment.php

Vodka anyone?

Russian Standard, Ketel One or Grey Goose? :)

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 312
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 314
Back