Delta - is this possible?

Man this wait is even worse than all the ATC waiting i've been doing!

So do we have an imposter or a legitimate MD-880 pilot?!

Argh...I figured we would have more interesting things to talk about then trying to spot out an impostor over the internet that no one but the above poster has met. Must be a slow day. Do I need to throw up one of my famous threads to make today more interesting?

Argh...I figured we would have more interesting things to talk about then trying to spot out an impostor over the internet that no one but the above poster has met. Must be a slow day. Do I need to throw up one of my famous threads to make today more interesting?

Hmmmm... didn't you just start a thread about a new job? I think we are on to something. ;)

Why is that?

Because it's an MD-88! :)

They share a common type rating with the DC-9 but have different instrumentation, engines, weights and a couple of different systems than AA's stooper 80's or NWA's diecel 9's.

Because it's an MD-88! :)

They share a common type rating with the DC-9 but have different instrumentation, engines, weights and a couple of different systems than AA's stooper 80's or NWA's diecel 9's.

That's a Stupid-80 or a Slug-80... :D

He's pretty lucky he wasn't talking to a real Delta pilot. Hell, we've got our own language.

"Yeah man, after CQ I went down to the speedline, then went over to OC3, got on DBMS and looked for swaps in the pot. Flew on a mad dog to Hooterville, then flew back to Slick City on an 8-hunnert. Did you bid anything on the last entitlement or you happy being the plug on the 90?" :)

He's pretty lucky he wasn't talking to a real Delta pilot. Hell, we've got our own language.

"Yeah man, after CQ I went down to the speedline, then went over to OC3, got on DBMS and looked for swaps in the pot. Flew on a mad dog to Hooterville, then flew back to Slick City on an 8-hunnert. Did you bid anything on the last entitlement or you happy being the plug on the 90?" :)

Excuse me stewardess, i speak delta!

I leave it in the hands of you guys that speak better airline than me, he sets off my BS detector big time, but from the way you all say that you can jump around aircraft to aircraft I guess I'm just not used to that. He seems to know his stuff but every once in a while somethings just don't get said right. I pm'd MDPilot and he said the guy is a no show so I will leave it at that.

Not to wander too much off-topic, but what IS the difference between the MD88 and MD80? Are there any distinctive ways to visually tell the difference?

Not to wander too much off-topic, but what IS the difference between the MD88 and MD80? Are there any distinctive ways to visually tell the difference?

A couple of "usually correct" methods:

Look for the 'screwdriver' tailcone. However AA's been retrofitting their stooper 80's with the more efficient screwdriver tailcone.

Almost MD-88s always have aft airstairs.

Length, at times. I think the MD-82's and MD-88's are the same length. I think some of AA's Super 80's are actually -82's, but don't quote me on that.

Another tell-tell sign? It's got a Delta widget! :)

Oh, and when you're looking down the aisle, there's another tell-tell sign, but I'll see who is able to determine that first, coa787 or Max.

Look for the 'screwdriver' tailcone. However AA's been retrofitting their stooper 80's with the more efficient screwdriver tailcone.

Length, at times. I think the MD-82's and MD-88's are the same length. I think some of AA's Super 80's are actually -82's, but don't quote me on that.

And from the inside. It has glass. AA's don't. Just a lot of big round dials!

Lots of AA's 80s have the screwdriver cone. I think some of AA's 80s are 82s & 83s.... but don't quote me on that either! :)

Back