Delta is planning on hiring 1300 in 2020

“Good Cop/Bad Cop” can be handy.

”I would really engage in selfless, altruistic behavior and not take a selfie”

”Would you really?”

”Nah bro, I’d totally only do it if I could leverage it into social media likes and would get immediate external benefit from doing it”

:)

I dunno. I think the people who react to stuff like that emotionally tend to be the most irritating people to work with. Bad news from the ground handler about a loading delay? They take it personally. As much as I think the movie is overrated, it's a lot more pleasant to work with "the dude" from "The Big Lebowski."
There’s a difference (and you know this) between the normal grind and someone getting in one’s face.

I dunno. I think the people who react to stuff like that emotionally tend to be the most irritating people to work with. Bad news from the ground handler about a loading delay? They take it personally. As much as I think the movie is overrated, it's a lot more pleasant to work with "the dude" from "The Big Lebowski."

I always figure the moment I get emotional at work, I go from “problem solver” to “yet another angry millionaire pilot who thinks he runs the world”.

ABC -Always Be Chill.

I always figure the moment I get emotional at work, I go from “problem solver” to “yet another angry millionaire pilot who thinks he runs the world”.

ABC -Always Be Chill.

Compartmentalizing is a skill. Being a hockey goalie most of my life taught me that. If you let in a bad goal and dwell on it, the rest of the game is going to go downhill quickly. See what you can learn from it for the rest of the game (number 12 is fast), then stick it away to address later.

Compartmentalizing is a skill. Being a hockey goalie most of my life taught me that. If you let in a bad goal and dwell on it, the rest of the game is going to go downhill quickly. See what you can learn from it for the rest of the game (number 12 is fast), then stick it away to address later.

Number 57 has no hands and will screen his own goalie trying to block shots unsuccessfully.

@Seggy is going to probably forward me updates and various details daily. Not looking forward to this season.
I’m sort of surprised that someone hasn’t sat up and gone “this is a public image/brand usage problem.”

OR

They’re all “this is great!!!111”

And for anyone who's maybe on the fence and lives in New England...

"We will likely add a BOS 320 base." - Crew Resources

I'll post a little positivity for those wanting to interview or about to. I just interviewed yesterday and today. I was offered a CJO...super stoked.

I was similar to @Jordan93 in study prep with probably a little less. I spent about 5 weeks studying anywhere from 3 to 6 hours a day, taking a few days off. 3 webinars on Emerald Coast. My interview was very positive, very conversational, and very professional. The tests were the tests and I felt like I had to do my part and they really wanted to hire all 16 of us. They do emphasize a lot on things in your career outside of the cockpit.

Overall I was very impressed with the setup and the day. I can't speak for interviews before me, maybe things changed. I'm not sure. If anyone has any questions or interviewing soon and wants to talk, feel free to PM me but overall very excited for this step in my career!

My favorite were always the dudes who would get mad at ATC. My question to them was always “what makes you think they want our blip on their screen one second longer than is necessary?”

This line of thinking bounced harmlessly off their rage bubble.

My favorite were always the dudes who would get mad at ATC. My question to them was always “what makes you think they want our blip on their screen one second longer than is necessary?”

This line of thinking bounced harmlessly off their rage bubble.

“Rage Bubble” - hilarious! I’m going to blend that into my usual lexicon!

I did tell a FO once,”You can be mad as hell at ramp, but let me assure you, ramp doesn’t care. In fact, they’re probably having a field day knowing that they got in your head”.

“Rage Bubble” - hilarious! I’m going to blend that into my usual lexicon!

I did tell a FO once,”You can be mad as hell at ramp, but let me assure you, ramp doesn’t care. In fact, they’re probably having a field day knowing that they got in your head”.

ATC/ramp/ops/TSA are like arguing with the cops. You’re not going to win. If there actually is an issue, try to address it after the fact. ASAPs, company reports, phone calls are much more effective than sounding like a weenus on the radio. Plus your FO won’t be sitting there judging you (as much).

ATC/ramp/ops/TSA are like arguing with the cops. You’re not going to win. If there actually is an issue, try to address it after the fact. ASAPs, company reports, phone calls are much more effective than sounding like a weenus on the radio. Plus your FO won’t be sitting there judging you (as much).

Stuff like that will shorten a lifespan. No reason to stroke out over stuff you can’t control. I had a FO one time go off about SEA approach control (to me). They had asked us to slow to slowest practical, and expect a potential quick turn for metering. (So in other words, any given day at SEA). And off the races we went. It started with a “these damn SEA controllers don’t know how to control.....”.

Back