daily pic

This is going to seem ridiculous compared to some of the world travels in this thread. But I tracked down a Monte Cristo sandwich. A real one. Not the junk made on French toast. Haven’t eaten one literally in decades. My wife doesn’t get it. My kid has no idea what the fuss is about. So I come to you, my friends, to share a picture of this white whale from my childhood.
Hold up, you mean the French Toast one is fake? As a big fan of that, now i have to hunt down a real one. Where did you find yours?

Hold up, you mean the French Toast one is fake? As a big fan of that, now i have to hunt down a real one. Where did you find yours?
Yes sir. The real deal is a fried sandwich. That’s the way the Lord (and Mr. Bennigan) intended it to be.

I stumbled upon this, of all places, at a struggling beignet shop in Fort Worth. Guess the beignet business is tough these days. But the sandwich was LEGIT. I heard the owner mention to someone else who got served right after me that they had sold out and it was early, hopefully it helped them a little.

Got to be a tourist today.

20230912_111728 (1).jpg
20230912_142937.jpg
20230912_131151.jpg

Yes sir. The real deal is a fried sandwich. That’s the way the Lord (and Mr. Bennigan) intended it to be.

I stumbled upon this, of all places, at a struggling beignet shop in Fort Worth. Guess the beignet business is tough these days. But the sandwich was LEGIT. I heard the owner mention to someone else who got served right after me that they had sold out and it was early, hopefully it helped them a little.

Holy crap, my first thought was, "You found a Bennigan's still open somewhere?"

There is nothing remotely good for you about that sandwich, which is why it should be at the top of every hangover menu on earth.

But Buddha do they taste so good. Even has the raspberry preserves. <hat tip>

Holy crap, my first thought was, "You found a Bennigan's still open somewhere?"

There is nothing remotely good for you about that sandwich, which is why it should be at the top of every hangover menu on earth.

But Buddha do they taste so good. Even has the raspberry preserves. <hat tip>
The list is long and distinguished

Got to visit a local favorite during some time off, and was very happy strolling through the garden center and marketplace at Linvilla Orchards...Creepy Squid Games model in the back must be for their haunted hayrides with Halloween season coming up.

20230925_134857.jpg

20230925_134859.jpg

Behold! My latest dumb pilot financial decision!

I seem to get the itch to get a different car every 3 years and kind of lucked into this thing. It's become an unofficial tradition when I get a new car to take it up the Blue Ridge Parkway for some pictures with the good camera. This wasn't exactly planned, so the car is filthy.

DSC00802 by Screaming Emu, on Flickr

DSC00818 by Screaming Emu, on Flickr

DSC00821 by Screaming Emu, on Flickr

DSC00826-2 by Screaming Emu, on Flickr

DSC00831 by Screaming Emu, on Flickr

DSC00836 by Screaming Emu, on Flickr

DSC00838 by Screaming Emu, on Flickr

DSC00855 by Screaming Emu, on Flickr

Behold! My latest dumb pilot financial decision!

I seem to get the itch to get a different car every 3 years and kind of lucked into this thing. It's become an unofficial tradition when I get a new car to take it up the Blue Ridge Parkway for some pictures with the good camera. This wasn't exactly planned, so the car is filthy.
Financially responsible or not, that thing is stunning. And the twin turbo V6 makes noises that reach you at an emotional level. Totally worth it! If you're ever around Milan they have a pretty cool museum in Arese with a lot of history and many of their classic cars in display. My grandpa was a hardcore Alfista and refused to drive anything else.

Financially responsible or not, that thing is stunning. And the twin turbo V6 makes noises that reach you at an emotional level. Totally worth it! If you're ever around Milan they have a pretty cool museum in Arese with a lot of history and many of their classic cars in display. My grandpa was a hardcore Alfista and refused to drive anything else.

I can understand his reasoning! I kind of lucked into it. Inquired about a new one, but even with a pretty significant discount it was more than I wanted to spend. Casually mentioned to the salesman to let me know if they ever get a gently used one. “Well, actually…”

It’s a 2020 with 17,000 miles on it, but it was almost $25,000 less than a new one. We of course got an extended warranty for it, but even if it’s as unreliable as advertised it’ll still be worth it.

I knew I’d like it, but wasn’t prepared for how much. Even my wife is suddenly a car person because of this thing.

I’m doing my best to wear out these all season tires the previous owner put on so I can see what it’s like with proper summer tires.

As for the sound…

View: https://youtu.be/hJw4NxH3y_g?si=gIiQoCZmzYI3vNIb

Back