daily pic

Currently on a three day delay in Hong Kong. Got out and wandered since the sun came out.

20240202_113027.jpg
20240202_112440.jpg
20240202_090608.jpg
20240201_203403.jpg
20240201_202338.jpg
20240201_200809.jpg
20240201_190922.jpg
20240201_190253.jpg

(waking up early on a weekend after working midnights)

The SUN. . . What is this 'Sun' he speaks of?!

Looks like a decent walk!
Haha. I just did a 19 hour flight where we never saw the sun. I totally get it.

It was a good walk. I love Hong Kong, but as an introvert, I can only be out for so long before my social battery is depleted.

Awesome! Looks like you had a good ride. I still need to make it over to Victoria Peak. Should probably do it before summer. My favorite thing is to take the train to Tsim Sha Tsui, then take the boat across the harbor.
Yip. I also learned that it is easier and way cheaper to get to the peak by riding the Green City bus or big double decker bus from Central, instead of taking the crazy busy and expensive peak tram. Also learned to avoid the Peak tower, a tourist trap where they charge a fee and there's always crowds, and instead hiking the Lugard Rd trail where you get even better views for free and with no crowds....

Yip. I also learned that it is easier and way cheaper to get to the peak by riding the Green City bus or big double decker bus from Central, instead of taking the crazy busy and expensive peak tram. Also learned to avoid the Peak tower, a tourist trap where they charge a fee and there's always crowds, and instead hiking the Lugard Rd trail where you get even better views for free and with no crowds....
Thank you. I will look into those options.

Over the weekend, I surprised the girlfriend (and mostly myself) with a voluntary trip down to Florida. I've despised the state personally, but once she saw MCO on the boarding pass I couldn't help but smile at her reaction -- she's jokingly talked about a Disneyworld trip since we've been traveling. It was like she had just won a car on The Price Is Right...at 4 in the morning.

Well, since the trip wasn't planned, Disney wasn't on any agenda, and I mentioned Cape Canaveral was only an hour drive away, she was all for it. Mostly to escape the cold up north.

20240302_130553.jpg

20240302_160041.jpg

20240302_151806.jpg

But, the Kennedy Space Center Visitor's Complex is a sight to behold. It's nothing shy of breathtaking, and walking underneath those twin rocket boosters, and the fuel tank capable of emptying under nine minutes during shuttle launch sequence...

The whole thing got a smile out of me, and Catie was quick to point it out. "I love hearing you talk about this so passionately."

If you ever get the chance and haven't seen it yet, put a day in and bring your family. It truly is Disneyworld for adults, and it got me happy to see so many young humans running around learning all about NASA.

Back