*Crunch* BA 787 crazy landing

Skåning

Ouch

Look at that full elevator deflection at 0:07

Wow. Those are both crazy accidents that I never heard of. Thanks for sharing that.
The CVR of the China Southern flight was leaked and is on YouTube. While in Chinese, you can follow along with the CVR transcript translated on the wikipedia page. It is very interesting from an objective standpoint, but I have to warn you all that the end is awful. The CVR recorded the whole breakup sequence for many seconds as the plane rolled across the ground breaking apart...but the crew is grimly silent from the first impact where the screaming stopped abruptly. :(

Between this and the Air Canada accident, I think if I ever clip something on takeoff or land hard and feel the plane may be seriously damaged, I'd rather take my chances on the ground then go crash somewhere else.

Last edited:
Crazy stuff. The Air Canada one is particularly sad, as the two were obviously friends or at least colleagues that really enjoyed flying with each other.

That actually can be a bit of a problem from a CRM standpoint... If flying with someone you really like, you may be more apt to let certain things go or not want to offend.

So.."does one log two landings for this type of situation? Could help if you your currency is about expire

The CVR of the China Southern flight was leaked and is on YouTube. While in Chinese, you can follow along with the CVR transcript translated on the wikipedia page. It is very interesting from an objective standpoint, but I have to warn you all that the end is awful. The CVR recorded the whole breakup sequence for many seconds as the plane rolled across the ground breaking apart...but the crew is grimly silent from the first impact where the screaming stopped abruptly. :(

Between this and the Air Canada accident, I think if I ever clip something on takeoff or land hard and feel the plane may be seriously damaged, I'd rather take my chances on the ground then go crash somewhere else.
Aw, rats! That's click-bait right there. I thought I was going to get to see the airplane actually moving. ;)

Back