Nice job, but not sure I’d want this picture.

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
C7B33318-DD9E-4199-9DDD-3DAD50189672.jpeg

Status:Information is only available from news, social media or unofficial sources
Date:Thursday 16 February 2023
Time:ca 01:00
Type:
Silhouette image of generic C208 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Cessna 208 Cargomaster
Operator:Aeromás
MSN:20800042
First flight:1985
Crew:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 2
Passengers:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 0
Total:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 2
Aircraft damage:Destroyed
Aircraft fate:Written off (damaged beyond repair)
LV.gif
Argentina)
Phase:En route (ENR)
Nature:Cargo
Departure airport:Montevideo-Carrasco Airport (MVD/SUMU), Uruguay
Destination airport:Buenos Aires/Ezeiza-Ministro Pistarini Airport, BA (EZE/SAEZ), Argentina
Narrative:
A Cessna 208 Cargomaster force landed near Berisso, Argentina, struck a tree and burst into flames. Both pilots survived the accident. The aircraft was almost completely consumed by fire.

Preliminary information suggests that the engine had lost power while en route over the water of Rio de la Plata during a flight from Montevideo-Carrasco Airport (MVD), Uruguay to Buenos Aires/Ezeiza Airport (EZE), Argentina.
The pilots attempted to reach La Plata Airport, but could not locate the runway in darkness. A landing was then attempted on a lighted street (Calle 635), about 4,5 km east-northeast of La Plata Airport. In the process the aircraft struck a tree and electricity poles.

Last edited:
Hmm, I can see it either way. Personally, I would prefer one but keep it super private and wouldn't post it on social media. On the other hand, as a child of the 'film' generation, once it goes electronic, it's everywhere.

Hmm, I can see it either way. Personally, I would prefer one but keep it super private and wouldn't post it on social media. On the other hand, as a child of the 'film' generation, once it goes electronic, it's everywhere.
I think the burn ointment on his arm is the best part. For all I know its toothpaste, but it looks good.

It's awesome they got to survive that and not kill anyone on the ground. La Plata is part of the big Buenos Aires basin, which roughly the size of Dallas or Chicago.

Freaking La Plata airport, man. I landed there at night once with a Metro and it's basically an illuminated, derelict airfield. Except when it's not illuminated.

In a radio interview the captain said that they saw this very dimly lighted road. Then they noticed a funnel of trees alongside. They just braced.

Right wing hit first, a tree and some power cables, instantly igniting that wing (and cutting power on that neighborhood in the process). Each pilot egressed through their respective door.

Back