Cobra on Plane - I really hate snakes

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Date:04-APR-2023
Time:
Type:
Silhouette image of generic BE58 model; specific model in this crash may look slightly different

Beechcraft 58 Baron
Owner/operator:Private
MSN:TH-795
Fatalities:Fatalities: 0 / Occupants: 4
Other fatalities:0
Aircraft damage:None
ZS.gif
South Africa
Phase:En route
Nature:Private
Departure airport:Cape Town
Destination airport:Nelspruit
Confidence Rating:
CR3.svg
Information is only available from news, social media or unofficial sources

Narrative:
Conducted an emergency landing at Welkom, when the occupants encountered a Cape Cobra snake during flight at 9000 feet.
The Cape cobra, also called the yellow cobra, is a moderate-sized, highly venomous species of cobra inhabiting a wide variety of biomes across southern Africa, including arid savanna, fynbos, bushveld, desert, and semidesert regions. Wikipedia

1680640999039.jpeg

From 9,000’ I would have executed a nice gentle half roll, half loop and split S’d that Baron right into cumulo-granite. Wait to die after getting bit or go out trying to be Bob Hoover. The later sounds more fun.

Not a fan of snakes. F’em.

Snakes are awesome. My kids are obsessed with them. Luckily, we’ve got a local snake guy (actually a herpetologist) I met when he came to relocate a copperhead from my kid’s school’s playground. He takes guided snake tours around the greater Houston area—he’s got specific spots where he knows you’re likely to see something.

What's the problem here? Just land the dang airplane and let it out. Irrational phobias are irrational. :bounce:

Vacation in Panama in January, this guy was hanging out in the bathroom of our cabin. Scooped him up and put him outside...

View attachment 70963

You're a MANIAC! I couldn't find lighter fluid, old tires and a match fast enough!

"Looking glass, looking glass, code is alpha six six tango four nine charlie charlie zulu, 5 megaton device delivered to coordinates North eight point five three… (etc)"

You're a MANIAC! I couldn't find lighter fluid, old tires and a match fast enough!

"Looking glass, looking glass, code is alpha six six tango four nine charlie charlie zulu, 5 megaton device delivered to coordinates North eight point five three… (etc)"
I had to be cool. The wives spotted it first and both of them were more like "hey, come look at this!" with no screaming hysterics, so I had to uphold our gender. Covered him with a pot out of the kitchen, then slid in a magazine cover to trap him. Luckily he wasn't moving around a lot - if he had been moving fast it would have been all bets off!

I had to be cool. The wives spotted it first and both of them were more like "hey, come look at this!" with no screaming hysterics, so I had to uphold our gender. Covered him with a pot out of the kitchen, then slid in a magazine cover to trap him. Luckily he wasn't moving around a lot - if he had been moving fast it would have been all bets off!

Oh, I have zzzzzzzzeeeeeeeeero problem screaming like a BTS fan and "KRISTIE! COME GET THIS THING BEFORE I BURN THE HOUSE DOWN!"

She's good with spiders, I'm fine with snakes and scorpions. Symbiosis

Back