Crew Scheduler Pay

Insert crew scheduler jokes here, like “They pay in souls that arrive in Charon’s boat”

Or

“They’re all named Floyd”

I think he asked an honest question and it deserves an honest answer. This is aviation, and you asked about airline (I know nothing about 121). It's less than you hope for many years, once you get your feet underneath you after those years the pay isn't horrible and if you stick around long enough eventually you can make a good living. I hope you love aviation, if you don't then just turn around and walk away. It's not for everyone and no one will miss you when your gone. If you look up everytime you hear an airplane fly over or slow down everytime you drive by any airport it "might" be for you. It's rough and full of type A personalities. I'm a meek idiot and I've been doing this nonsense for thirty years, the only reason I've hung on is because I still look up when an airplane flies over and I still, despite the worlds best efforts, think airplanes are amazing. Your mileage may vary.

Not sure about AA, but I'll give you the details of SWA if interested. Starting pay between 63K and 70K. Raises consistently as you promote between levels I, II, III, Senior and Supervisor. Senior scheduler base pay is in the 90s (about 2 years' experience, give or take). Sups base around 100k (earliest promotion around 2 years from new hire to sup, average probably closer to 3). Plenty of OT to pad the salary.

Not sure about AA, but I'll give you the details of SWA if interested. Starting pay between 63K and 70K. Raises consistently as you promote between levels I, II, III, Senior and Supervisor. Senior scheduler base pay is in the 90s (about 2 years' experience, give or take). Sups base around 100k (earliest promotion around 2 years from new hire to sup, average probably closer to 3). Plenty of OT to pad the salary.
Thanks for the reply. Definitely interested in SWA. Do you have any idea of what the schedule is like?

Wow that is actually pretty good money

Well that was kind of my interest. Is SWA hiring off the street so to speak?

Unlike dispatching, Crew Scheduling is generally entry level at the majors as well as the regional. Where I'm at, our crew schedulers belong to the same union group as the cabin cleaners, so when one of them gets a bit of seniority they can bid over to the scheduling side.

Unlike dispatching, Crew Scheduling is generally entry level at the majors as well as the regional. Where I'm at, our crew schedulers belong to the same union group as the cabin cleaners, so when one of them gets a bit of seniority they can bid over to the scheduling side.

Crew Scheduling is billed as an entry level job. But it is far from entry level IMO. In addition to having to give crews mostly negative news and being yelled at for giving said news,you also have to be a SME in labor contracts,FAR 117,FAR 121.467,reassigning and rerouting crews during an IROP,and providing exceptional customer service on top of it all. Some of the most skilled and talented OCC/SOC/NOC folks have a CS background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Crew Scheduling is billed as an entry level job. But it is far from entry level IMO. In addition to having to give crews mostly negative news and being yelled at for giving said news,you also have to be a SME in labor contracts,FAR 117,FAR 121.467,reassigning and rerouting crews during an IROP,and providing exceptional customer service on top of it all.

Our schedulers are experts at exactly none of those things... they suck at empathy when destroying your schedule, they routinely give assignments that violate our contract or the FARs (despite having software that flags all of those things), they very often drop the ball, make less Tham efficient use of crews, or flat our forget about crews during IROPs, and it's not usual to have some of them threaten, yell at, or hang up on pilots.

I kind of get it though. Their job is to staff flights, and they often aren't given the resources needed to do it. It just seems like culturally there could be a better way.

I think we've even outsourced large amounts of CSKD at my airline.

Thanks for the reply. Definitely interested in SWA. Do you have any idea of what the schedule is like?
3 AM shifts, 3 PM shifts, and then 3 off. Everyone rotates through a week of midnights every 5-6 weeks. You can trade your shifts and get all AMs or PMs if you want outside of your week of mids. Some are able to get rid of their mids too.

Back