CPDLC and... Cheese

Yessiree...I think we have a couple PIP airplanes, but I'm not 100% on that. This one has all the bells and whistles (former CAL bird).

A -200? The dump truck!

Pegasus is nice. Too nice.

Are you guys autoloading yet?

A -200? The dump truck!

Pegasus is nice. Too nice.

Are you guys autoloading yet?

Looks like a socially awkward penguin; flies like a sexy beast! :) 21 feet shorter, but the motors are only derated a little bit off the -300ER. Lands more like the 757.

Yep, Cat IIIa/b as of last year!

355-chuck-norris-approves-of-this-thread.jpg

You don't get using CPDLC across the pond? It beats the hell out of trying to call Shanwick at 30W on HF and hearing a cacophony of calls to NY, Shanwick, and Santa Maria all on the same freq.

No I mean I don't get to do those flights because it is all ORD and HKG based guys that do our only Atlantic crossing flight. Not that I don't "get it".

Looks like a socially awkward penguin; flies like a sexy beast! :) 21 feet shorter, but the motors are only derated a little bit off the -300ER. Lands more like the 757.

Yep, Cat IIIa/b as of last year!

Auto load, not auto land, dingleberry, :)

Sent from my TRS-80

Auto load, not auto land, dingleberry, :)

Sent from my TRS-80

D'oh! And no. :(

I don't mind manually entering the flightplan, but entering winds for some of these flights (especially between Europe and the desert) is a beast.

I'm still waiting for ATC to ask me for my spot winds in my Diamond 40.... Why someone puts an Air Data Computer in a light single I don't know, BUT IT MAKES ME JUST LIKE A 747 PILOT.

I'm sure this thing has CPDLC too, somewhere deep in the menus...

I'm still waiting for ATC to ask me for my spot winds in my Diamond 40.... Why someone puts an Air Data Computer in a light single I don't know, BUT IT MAKES ME JUST LIKE A 747 PILOT.

I'm sure this thing has CPDLC too, somewhere deep in the menus...

It's right there in the Diamond manual under RVSM. :)

Sent from my TRS-80

Back