CPDLC and... Cheese

I'm working with a female trainee right now, and she's not exactly comfortable with anything other than direct phraseology, and I thought you'd like this one:

Pilot was third to check in, must have heard her voice.
"United 123 with you FL360, and how are you today?"
"United 123.... uh, roger"
*Long Pause*
Alitalia, thick Italian accent: "So much for that"

I have definitely talked to her on the land line

Ding!

AAHHHHHH, LADIES AND GENTS, AAAHHHH FROM THE FLIGHT DECK...

I'm doing a study... So far I've found that the guys turning the signs off and on every 5 minutes are the same ones who say "Heavy" overseas and on center frequencies. :)

For us the seatbelt sign is a perplexing little light. Our cabin crew have to suspend service of all hot liquids and pick up what they already served. Constantly turning it on and off really pisses off the guy in 1A that just ordered his soup. Light chop doesn't get the sign on.

As for CPDLC, I'm happy to roam around the Pacific where it's quite useful. I don't get the ORD flights that cross the Atlantic. However, Edmonton has us log on crossing Western Canada but they don't issue much with it. Most instructions are still via voice. I think they really just want the ADS part.

As for CPDLC, I'm happy to roam around the Pacific where it's quite useful. I don't get the ORD flights that cross the Atlantic.

You don't get using CPDLC across the pond? It beats the hell out of trying to call Shanwick at 30W on HF and hearing a cacophony of calls to NY, Shanwick, and Santa Maria all on the same freq.

You don't get using CPDLC across the pond? It beats the hell out of trying to call Shanwick at 30W on HF and hearing a cacophony of calls to NY, Shanwick, and Santa Maria all on the same freq.

It also beats getting ARINC typos and bad reads every five minutes "confirm ensuing waypoint is 28N040W, not 38N040W"

Haters of the cheese!

You do know the hint about the non sequitur nature of the cheese is in the thread title.

Ellipsis anyone? :)

Sent from my TRS-80

Derg said:
Haters of the cheese!

You do know the hint about the non sequitur nature of the cheese is in the thread title.

No, I just like cheese, the strinkier the better.

:(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345472068.150413.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345472068.150413.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 67
Back