Considering leaving the profession for good, could use advice

Youll be like me dude! Keep at it, seriously, our profession would be better with you having skin in the game. Congrats on the new job, just beware the golden handcuffs there if the sky is your goal. Im still eagerly awaiting the day when someone here sits right seat (eventually) or left seat for me…nothing would make me happier than you or the OP.
I got some nostalgia for your team the other day, driving through Sky Harbor dropping the SO off. There were like three 320 NEO's parked on the north side. Cool sight.

Just don’t ask why they’re parked 😂. Glad to hear your keeping on though, just ffs get your time so you can come over to this side and take your rightful place.
The CFI draft is gonna start soon. Stay tuned. I wonder who's jersey I'll be wearing on selection stage. CAE, ATP, AeroGuard, or maybe a local outfit. Bills almost all paid off/down DTI is much lower now as a result. Hubby exited BK, two months ago, has a 750 FICO, can you say co-signer? Hard work's paid off for both of us. Finally. The long waits almost over. Now let's go back into debt and get these three instructor ratings. :D

The CFI draft is gonna start soon. Stay tuned. I wonder who's jersey I'll be wearing on selection stage. CAE, ATP, AeroGuard, or maybe a local outfit. Bills almost all paid off/down DTI is much lower now as a result. Hubby exited BK, two months ago, has a 750 FICO, can you say co-signer? Hard work's paid off for both of us. Finally. The long waits almost over. Now let's go back into debt and get these three instructor ratings. :D
Lets FG, pick whoever pays you the most and has the most solid track (clientele) to get you to 1500. Get the hubby to cosign if needed, though you might be past that point but at least hell float the bills for 6mo, and just remember to upsell the glamor of the profession ;) so he doesn't run for the hills. You have my number, ill make • up if needed :)

Good on both of you to get to this point! Stay money smart while you guys get where you want to go, and do it together. Keep your priorities straight always and you’ll be happy - no matter where you end up. I’m pulling for you bud.

Good on both of you to get to this point! Stay money smart while you guys get where you want to go, and do it together. Keep your priorities straight always and you’ll be happy - no matter where you end up. I’m pulling for you bud.
Agreed. My issue was my mainly the aftermath of UT. Federal school loans, new private aviation loan, the mortgage, and credit cards used while in UT. created a trifecta. UT. was good for finally finishing school, but the financial aftermath... woo boy. His issue occurred before our relationship began. But things are a lot better now. Took some time tho.

Nah he just kept trying to show me pictures of his boats and girlfriends. I said I wasn’t interested but he kept at it.😂
1721197680332.jpeg

What are they doing?
Disciplinary meetings with the CP, consequences unspecified.

Our unio . . . no wait, labor or . . . no, that's not right either. Well, our (whatever the legal fiction of the day is) has reminded us that we owe all of our time to the company, and that we're expected to be able to justify any absences.

Pilots who are over the company average (6 days) are being contacted.

Disciplinary meetings with the CP, consequences unspecified.

Our unio . . . no wait, labor or . . . no, that's not right either. Well, our (whatever the legal fiction of the day is) has reminded us that we owe all of our time to the company, and that we're expected to be able to justify any absences.

Pilots who are over the company average (6 days) are being contacted.

Is it really a disciplinary meeting? Would the CP call it that or is that your interpretation?

Is it really a disciplinary meeting? Would the CP call it that or is that your interpretation?
Not my words.

But let's be realistic: involuntary contact with the CP is disciplinary in nature.

So that said, where are you going with this?

As someone who spent over 7 years there, it is definitely a disciplinary meeting. They will use scare tactics to try and get you to stop calling out sick when you're sick. It's quite illegal and I'd love to see the pilot group push back but.........l

Not my words.

But let's be realistic: involuntary contact with the CP is disciplinary in nature.

So that said, where are you going with this?
I don't think they're trying to be combative about it. Every CBA I've worked under has had some kind of condition where the CPO can call you about sick time usage. I don't necessarily like it, but most places there's some avenue written for involuntary contact from the CP. If you're on an international fleet here missing two trips in a year can technically get you a call from the CPO, not that really far fetched especially if you have tiny disease buckets (aka kids) anywhere near you regularly.

But I will agree, 6 days in a year is an absurdly low number that seems punitive. I'm already out 8 this year due to some gnarly respiratory crud.

I don't think they're trying to be combative about it. Every CBA I've worked under has had some kind of condition where the CPO can call you about sick time usage. I don't necessarily like it, but most places there's some avenue written for involuntary contact from the CP. If you're on an international fleet here missing two trips in a year can technically get you a call from the CPO, not that really far fetched especially if you have tiny disease buckets (aka kids) anywhere near you regularly.

My shop and this forum aren't my only visibility into the industry. I have a lot of friends at other places to compare notes with, a bunch of whom are formerly from here. There's a distinct tonal difference between being contacted to check in and being contacted in a way where your "union" is involved.

But yes.

But I will agree, 6 days in a year is an absurdly low number that seems punitive. I'm already out 8 this year due to some gnarly respiratory crud.

Yeah, I'm at 9, I think. All legit.

Uhh, I won't mention where I'm at.

Back