Considering Ameriflight interview; could use some answers/input

It all depends on if those CVG pilots had standing bids in for MIA. My guess is they probably didn't or else the bid would not have been posted system wide.
The standing bid system doesn't work as intended. Also isn't MIA considered in-base? CVG is still running MIA so CVG peeps should get first dibs. In theory.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Also what would be the most junior base for the 99?

Depends on if they are trying to fill an undesirable outstation or in base pilot slot.
We just had a new hire 99 in ONT because he was willing to take an outstation that no one wanted.
In general though, OMA, BUF, DFW, BUR in that order for 99s. OAK, PDX and SLC are senior and saturated right now is why I didn't mention them.

Actually BUR is understaffed from what I understand, but I think that is regards to training department slots too. They are looking for line/training department pilots.

OAK is just now getting back to numbers we like seeing. We have been struggling with lack of reserve numbers.

I would be curious to see current numbers at the 'net compared to 2006.
Should be less since we have a smaller amount of airframes I believe. All the Navajos are gone and the chieftains will be soon to follow. Lears are all gone obviously.

Was kind of depressing seeing a schedule from 2003 in OAK and comparing it to the current schedule.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Maurus the 'net being airnet. But I would be curious to see a 2003 schedule for OAK. And I would like to see the schedule from 2008 (when I was in OAK) compared to now.

The 2003 schedule in OAK was insane, would have been fun to be around at that time. Busier than any base currently I would bet.

For those that were flying on Monday and noticed the large amount of sick calls,I guess it amounted to about 6% of our pilot group calling out sick. Hopefully it was just coincidence.

Back