Considering Ameriflight interview; could use some answers/input

Flows, memory items and limitations in that order is what I would prioritize on. If you don't know the flows yet and don't have a paper tiger / poster to really practice on still practice them so you at least know the "triggers" AMF uses and the general outline for their flows if not exactly where your hand goes.

Do you guys know a good source for the SA227 cockpit poster? Are we given one in class?

yea, street hire. I got the first packet with flows, operating procedures and checklists. After the drug test, I'm supposed to receive more study material, so I guess I'll see what's in there.

Study the flows, calls, checklists until you can recite them verbatim while multi tasking...
When I was in class this seemed to be a common problem. People that even knew what they should study based on previous training seemed to be lacking in this area.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Do you guys know a good source for the SA227 cockpit poster? Are we given one in class?
No, sorry I don't. Flight Safety makes them, I know, but I doubt they sell them a la carte. I'm pretty sure AMF gives you one, but I've never worked there so I can't attest to that. My best bet would be to check ebay, people are coming in and out of Flight Safety all the time and selling your flight safety kit on ebay has been a time honored tradition. I got $90 for my cessna caravan bag.

You might be able to procure one on here from a former AMFer who doesn't need one any more. But, you'll get one soon enough and there are also cockpit CPTs in the classroom so you'll have plenty of time to study.

There will be a cockpit poster along with a systems manual given to you when you start indoc... Prior to that, go throught the SOP you recieved and start to memorize the flows as written, there will be time to put the hand movements into it later... Pay special attention to the system tests, memorize those verbatim and it makes things much easier...

There will be a cockpit poster along with a systems manual given to you when you start indoc... Prior to that, go throught the SOP you recieved and start to memorize the flows as written, there will be time to put the hand movements into it later... Pay special attention to the system tests, memorize those verbatim and it makes things much easier...

Gee how do you know so much?

Does anyone know what AMF is hiring into? I had heard that when a friend of a friend got hired he had the choice between PIC on the small twins or FO on the EMB. Just wondering what was going on now days. Any help is appreciated.

Does anyone know what AMF is hiring into? I had heard that when a friend of a friend got hired he had the choice between PIC on the small twins or FO on the EMB. Just wondering what was going on now days. Any help is appreciated.
They're probably hiring into about every airframe. Tell your friend to take the pa31 PIC, if he wants to be an emb FO, go to skywest. You don't come to amflight for SIC anything time.

Yeah I hear we will be adding more metros to the fleet maybe more business?
The only way we can pick up more metro flying is to add more aircraft. From what I hear we just won a bid for a contract starting in the fall which will require more planes. Then again I hear a lot of stuff. So far company actions seem in line with this one though. Tons of new Metro guys in the pipeline, just need the additional aircraft now...

I was given the choice between the Metro, BE-99 and PA-31. I was also told about new flying opening up in the East Coast. My Metro type rating helped open up these choices.

Back