Considering Ameriflight interview; could use some answers/input

Depends on where the flight starts/ends. But, I agree with JR. I wouldn't do it. We have no commute policy/rules in place to protect yourself if you don't make your flight.
Not to mention fact that it would be a multi-leg commute to get to the east side of the US on SWA. Basically I have only known one person that actually commuted to work at AMF.

Knowing where a couple of these weekend runs are going to be, I wouldn't recommend trying to commute. You will find yourself staying in a crash pad probably 99% of the time and rarely ever getting home because the schedule changes so often.

this is completely off topic but maybe someone who knows might chime in...
how hard is it to get the KGPI-KGTF run?

Thanks Andy

Thanks Andy

I was at a base that didn't really encourage "regular runs" but I know other bases do. I shared a jumpseat ride with an AMF guy a couple of weeks ago who does have a regular run and actually holds a second job at his layover. However, he said that guys more senior to him are always trying to transfer to his base so he could easily get unseated from his run.

Not sure, but KGPI-KGTF looks like an outstation run. Depending on QOL for that one, it's probably less senior. Seemed like most of the outstation runs were when I was there.

If you have an out stations run on Friday or what ever day is your last day your plane just stays at he outstaion for the weekend?

Thanks Andy
iirc the guy who has been doing that run has been doing it for a good long while now. At least 2 years.

I could be wrong but I think that dude, Ed (maybe?), moved to OK City or something last I heard.

Does AMF require an ATP for the metros

No requirement. The checkride will be the same no matter if you get your ATP or not so might as well bring a 8710 and ATP written along. We have had pilots get into the metro before turning 23. Would have been nice to be in that position. Getting TPIC before even being able to get an ATP due to age has got to be nice.

What do you mean by regular runs?

Our ACP preferred to rotate us around on different runs. We only bid for lines/runs once the whole time I was there and it didn't last. But I think most bases used a seniority based bidding system for lines/runs/schedule- however you want characterize it.

Our ACP preferred to rotate us around on different runs. We only bid for lines/runs once the whole time I was there and it didn't last. But I think most bases used a seniority based bidding system for lines/runs/schedule- however you want characterize it.
Seniority? What's that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

We used to get a bid sheet monthly for what runs we wanted and that seemed to work okay. At another base, the ACP just decided based on what we asked for.

I got ya so you could technically have a different run every month or how often did you get rotated?

Back