Considering Ameriflight interview; could use some answers/input

Techncally I'm homeless. Been living in a hotel from January 23rd til now. >1 year leases aren't really available in the Minneapolis area unless you're okay with living where the crime rate is ridiculous. I'm a skinny preppy white kid that drives a BMW, I'd be so screwed. haha I did aerial survey for a year straight, so psychologically, I'm still alright. :confused:

At one point I had over 250,000 Laquinta points. I'm down to 103,000 now though.

I also had over 150,000 Hilton points. Those are all but gone.

Street hires usually go out east. Everyone in BUR/ONT/OAK in the Metro has minimum of three years with the company.
Mr. S. in BUR had just over a year with the company when he went to Metro school, times are a changing I guess.
Techncally I'm homeless. Been living in a hotel from January 23rd til now. >1 year leases aren't really available in the Minneapolis area unless you're okay with living where the crime rate is ridiculous. I'm a skinny preppy white kid that drives a BMW, I'd be so screwed. haha I did aerial survey for a year straight, so psychologically, I'm still alright. :confused:

You still flogging that run eh?

You still flogging that run eh?

Yeah, second highest paying run at FLX and I get the Baron all the time! I can feel the hate from the MKC and OMA guys. :D I'm ready for something else though. Sent my stuff out to a couple places on Saturday including AMF(No one from FLX just read that ;)) . I was badgering the Sanford(air ambulance out of Sioux Falls) guys non-stop, but they are steadfast on having a few hours of turbine time. One of these nights, I think I may steal the AirNet Caravan. haha

Mr. S. in BUR had just over a year with the company when he went to Metro school, times are a changing I guess.

Sanchez? Which Mr. S are you referring to? The only Metro guys/girls that got quick upgrades out of BUR were the ones that took outstations when they opened up.

At one point I had over 250,000 Laquinta points. I'm down to 103,000 now though.

I also had over 150,000 Hilton points. Those are all but gone.
Too bad some recent changes make that a bit harder to do.

Oh well :(

Gotcha. Riding the reserve couch doing those out and backs?
More of a rotation. New people came in and complained they were at the bottom of the list (well duh) and not getting any flying. Now we are actually going to be fat on metro pilots here shortly.

For the same pay, I always took that as a good thing. :)
(Edit: didn't you fly my route for me for like three weeks once?)
Yup haha. You didn't want to go to RNO so I took care of that for you. I think they just stopped putting you on the schedule for that run.

Yup haha. You didn't want to go to RNO so I took care of that for you. I think they just stopped putting you on the schedule for that run.

haha, that is what happened isn't it.
I appreciate it, I really enjoyed my time in The Bay for those three weeks hiking around. It was like a mini vacation.

Hey guys, did my interview today and breezed through the oral but the sim left me worried...

I know for a fact that I messed up a localizer backtracking...went in the wrong direction for a few miles but caught my mistake and was then given a vector...I confused it for the localizer backcourse way of navigating (it's been ages since I've done either)

I did good at keeping altitudes, headings, power and speed 90% of the time but that's the only thing bugging me. I was told I'd also do a holding patter but in the end I didn't...bad sign?

Another one..was doing the ILS pretty good then inside of the FAF was told to go missed so I did...with my nerves and all, I didn't look at the dme to see if I was reaching the LOC's MAP that's referenced with DME... I thought I did the right thing by climbing and turning as instructed on the briefing but now I'm second guessing myself. Reading up on it now to ease or confirm my fears :S

Back