computer(s) for sale... great for Flight Sim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
it is aviation related as you can use these computers for flight sim, PC logbook and/or logging on Jetcareers ;)

I have 2 gateway units.. the units only, no keyboard/mouse or others except for 4 flat screen 19" CRT monitors. Each unit comes with a power cord and the monitors do include the serial cable.

now, don't get that confused with flat panel, they're the big heavy honkers but with 18" diagonal screen width. all 4 monitors are diamondtron and come with the manuals.

The units go with the monitors as I believe the units still have the dual-monitor video card...but i can sell them separately, it's no skin off my back.

Unit#1 is gateway E4400 XL PC, probably 3 or 4 years old with 7-bay highly servicable mid-tower case, motherboard with Intell 1000MHZ PIII processor, 2-256MB RIMM Memory Modules, an ATI 32 MB 4X GL AGP Graphics card, 40GB 7M Ultra ATA Hard Drive, 20X/48X IDE CD-ROM and 3.5" Floppy

Unit#1 includes the paperwork as in packing slip with configuration info, all the hardware drivers and i believe it has windows 2000 professional as the manual is included but i don't see the CD anywhere. The drive has been reformatted to get rid of all the back information/programs so everything will be a clean install.

The monitors (2) with Unit#1 are 19" gateway VX920's and the manual is included

Unit#2 is an gateway E4200-700 PC, 3 - 4 yrs old. it is a mid-tower with a 700 MHZ Pentium III processor and motherboard. it has 2-128 Memory chips and an ATI Rage 128GL 32MB AGP Video Card, 20GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA Drive, Ultra ATA 66 controller for NT, 17x minimum/40x max IDE CD-ROM, 3.5" floppy disk, soundblaster audioPCI 128D and a 3COM 10/100 PCI Network Card (I think). This unit comes with Windows NT disks.

Unit#2 also has 2 gateway 19" VX900 monitors that can be sold with the unit or separately.

I'm asking for $60 for the 2 monitors ($30/each) and $40 for the unit...$100 if you want the 2 monitors with the unit (entire kit)..altho i'm negotiable too... I'm willing to ship but keep in mind that shipping is going to be costly because of the weight of each piece. IF they have to be shipped out from phx, then i'll accept payment by paypal only and there are no returns.

The pictures are of one of the 2 sets...both are pretty much identical, the monitors look a bit different but you can probably do some searching for the monitor types to see how they differ.. the main thing is the sizes are the same...

this would be perfect for the person that wants to put together a flight sim cockpit consisting of more than one monitor since they're all the same size! :)

just as FYI, these computer were used for 3 years for mainly commercial autocad/engineering drafting...one used to be my old set and the other used to be one of my co-workers set and they do work! haha

If anyone wants these, let me know by Friday of next week.:nana2:

dscn9986.jpg

dscn9987.jpg

dscn9988.jpg

dscn9991.jpg

Kristie,

HOw much do you want for the whole works shipped?

Thanks.
to ship all of them would probably cost you more than just buying a new computer with a flat panel screen!! haha

it looks like, on ebay, monitors of this size are being shipped around $30-60 just for one....multiply that by 4 and it's going to cost a pretty penny. I dunno if it might be worth it more to just fly down and pick them up?

I'll give you the whole shebang (4 monitors & 2 units) for $80..but shipping isn't going to be pretty.

Any idea how much shipping on the second tower would be to 76266.

My mom needs a new puter to get on the internet with...hers is about 11 years old.

I don't think we can use the discount for more than a letter size or small box size...we've never really tried for larger sized boxes... anyone else that has and knows, let me know! :)

parcel post would be the cheapest....you might to check with FedEx and see how good his discount is.

Since the braintrust at WHQ decided to use DHL for all of it's official document mailing, FDX gave us the finger and pulled the discount for employees.

I don't think we can use the discount for more than a letter size or small box size...we've never really tried for larger sized boxes... anyone else that has and knows, let me know! :)
Kristie,

I use the Fedex Discount ALL the time! I've sent large 20+ pound boxes of Christmas Presents 2 day air for "Uber" cheap... even cheaper than standard UPS/USPS ground! Have Doug go in with his ID and ask about rates.

EDIT... Nevermind. Just saw Dougs post above.

Bob

originally, yes...now i just want to get them off my floor! so i'm willing to get rid of the 4 monitors and 2 units for $100 total which takes each set down to @ $15/piece. Figure it'll be at least $20-$30/box for shipping because even if i go and use DHL's discount, I have to buy the box and peanuts to put it in. I really have no idea how much the shipping would cost.

I can't go cheaper than that simply because i can get that same amount, if not more, by donating it and taking the donation to my taxes next year.

last time we sent 70lbs of goods (per box) to iraq, it was $24/box at DHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back