Complex, love it.

If you didn't notice much difference from a 140 and an Arrow, than either A) Your 140 was grossly over powered or B) Your Arrow was grossly underpowered,

The difference between a 180 horsepower Arrow and a 200 horsepower Turbo Arrow is astonishing. The 180 horsepower Arrow was the biggest piece of crap I ever flew. Power off 180 was basically an autorotation, literally look down and that's where you ended up.

The difference between a 180 horsepower Arrow and a 200 horsepower Turbo Arrow is astonishing. The 180 horsepower Arrow was the biggest piece of crap I ever flew. Power off 180 was basically an autorotation, literally look down and that's where you ended up.

What was the result when you pulled the prop back?

I have 14 hours of complex (most of it was part of my commercial training), all of it in a 177RG. I like the fact that I'm different by flying a 177RG instead of the typical Cutlass or Arrow others are flying, but other than that, just as long as you remember to throw the gear down, it's just another airplane. What kind of true airpeeds do you see in an Arrow? I can get 135 KTAS out of the 177RG if I can climb up high enough, which is sometimes questionable in a 177RG. The Cardinal is a nice airplane both inside and out, but the wing isn't the best of wings out there.

I know how u feel!! I'm currently working on my instrument rating and up until the past month have only flown Piper Warriors and Skyhawks. Recently however, I've flown 2 planes thats faster and way faster than anything I've ever flown. A Cirrus SR22 and a Citation Mustang. I come back to the Cessna 172 and feel as if I'm not even moving :rolleyes:

heres a vid of my first complex/jet landing...
[video=facebook;2534962647707]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2534962647707[/video]

I know how u feel!! I'm currently working on my instrument rating and up until the past month have only flown Piper Warriors and Skyhawks. Recently however, I've flown 2 planes thats faster and way faster than anything I've ever flown. A Cirrus SR22 and a Citation Mustang. I come back to the Cessna 172 and feel as if I'm not even moving :rolleyes:

heres a vid of my first complex/jet landing...
[video=facebook;2534962647707]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2534962647707[/video]

Pretty cool you were able to fly the Mustang. How is it to fly anyways? I hear it's no harder than a 310, possibly easier.

Damn, those are great prices in the Bay Area, I am doing my training out here and our Complex Arrow is $150 something wet.

This was a 200hp Arrow, by the way. Guess I should have mentioned that, I know nothing about pipers and didn't know they came 20hp less powerful.

Damn, those are great prices in the Bay Area, I am doing my training out here and our Complex Arrow is $150 something wet.
You can find one for $130 wet after tax in LVK at Aheart, no membership fees either. That's the best rate I've seen on any complex in the Bay.

Yeah, the one I did my training in was a 201, never flew the 180hp Arrow

Think the Arrow glides like a waxed manhole cover? Try a Lance...

The Lance is the only small airplane I've flown where a power off 180 was not an option at my airport. You have a better chance in a Pitts. Our TPA is only 600 AGL mind you. We finally got it to work. But in an actual emergency it was totally unrealistic.

Bass? Sorry man, wrong site! :) :sarcasm:

It'd be fun to see how well he glides too!

4857b90b-48ce-2d0b.jpg

It's not because he bats for the other team... I just have an incredible distain for all boy bands and their members...

I wouldn't mess with Bobby Brown though.

Never underestimate the wiley nature of a crack head.

Back