Colgan staffing issues

SmitteyB

We are pretty short staffed on the SAAB FO side of the game.

As of today I'm at 97 hrs of block and 151 hrs of pay credit.

And there is 7 days left in the month. Any other SAAB FO's getting it this crazy?

:yeahthat: I was hired on the Saab at my interview, and life was great. I wanted a tp company out of IAH, and naturally colgan was it. Then a week later..... " Hi is this @#%@#? Yes, it is. We are calling to let you know your on a flight to Toronto in a couple of days for Q training. No mam, I was hired on the Saab.... Well this is all we are offering you".

I've been here since January, but I'm already doing the Colgan! My gf would love for me to get IAH on the saab.....

The only problem with the Saab is they would furlough a senior saab fo and keep a q fo to keep costs down (training) in a heartbeat. Lame. I fully expect ALL of the options to be exercised, however.

:yeahthat: I was hired on the Saab at my interview, and life was great. I wanted a tp company out of IAH, and naturally colgan was it. Then a week later..... " Hi is this @#%@#? Yes, it is. We are calling to let you know your on a flight to Toronto in a couple of days for Q training. No mam, I was hired on the Saab.... Well this is all we are offering you".

I've been here since January, but I'm already doing the Colgan! My gf would love for me to get IAH on the saab.....

The only problem with the Saab is they would furlough a senior saab fo and keep a q fo to keep costs down (training) in a heartbeat. Lame. I fully expect ALL of the options to be exercised, however.

What's with all you Houston guys being up in Newark? I think there are 3 guys that are from Houston that are in my crashpad right now. That's one hellish commute to do!

There are many more guys from IAH than 3, I would probably say 10-15 that are hoping for the IAH Q miracle. We also have two that commute from WA state.

I doubt the Q options will be exercised, maybe a few but certainly not all. Looking at the CAL report they do not plan on any besides our 15 through 2010. That could change of course if they feel like it but if they dont want them then who knows what will happen. As was said earlier as well our slots are not until I believe late next year at best so unless we buy another companies assembly line slots it will still be awhile.

I wonder who I would email about a possible saab transition if I am around by that time? As of the latest list on the CJC site there are/will be in the next month 16 saab/beech FOs transitioning which will put us staffed at 5.5 crews per plane so if we are fat and the saabs are lean then there is plenty of room for me. CJC doesnt mind paying whatever it takes to staff the Q but I would be willing to bet they would not let me go to the saab even if it would only cost them 7 dollars and a colgan lanyard.

You don't want to come to the SAAB man.

You have an APU and the company actually cares about that operation.

Thats short.

Beacons on, Doorlights out, Bleed Valve- RESET, AUTO, Buss Tie Connect Line on, L/R Avionic Switches off, Clear on 2, Starting Two, Note the time.

Truth is you probably would have been based out of the northeast anyway, at least for a while.

Thats short.

Beacons on, Doorlights out, Bleed Valve- RESET, AUTO, Buss Tie Connect Line on, L/R Avionic Switches off, Clear on 2, Starting Two, Note the time.

Erm...

CA: "Go ahead and turn one"
FO: "One's coming up"
FO: *move the start stop selector to start, start the time, make sure engine doesn't eat itself, after approx 35 seconds...*
FO: "Good start on one"

Erm...

FO: *move the start stop selector to start, start the time, make sure engine doesn't eat itself, after approx 35 seconds...*

Finally, someone that has to do less than *I* do on the CRJ to start an engine. :)

Oh and if I'm really on the ball I'll deselect one of the packs so that the pressure bump it's too much. That's service I tell ya!

(I've really gotta open some bleeds too, but seriously starting this engine is easier than starting a PT-6!)

Well we are short for now, but maybe not much longer. I wish somebody would give us solid info on our US Air Reductions. From the US Air website, all Syracuse flights to La Guardia starting in September are on Piedmont, the same is for Providence i think. I haven't checked other cities. There is a Boston flight to Syracuse on Colgan, but thats about it.

Erm...

Here the CA starts number one.:D

Back