Colgan staffing issues

From what I can tell, ITH is still scheduled for Colgan flights to LGA, MHT is still scheduled for Colgan Flights, LEB is Colgan, ALB has like one Colgan flight with the rest Piedmont, SYR is all Piedmont.

Oh there are some ALB-BOS flights that are Colgan, and some ALB-BUF. I assume the BUF ROC BDL stuff will be the same.

Anyway, I know this could all change, but it looks like def some shrinkage on the US Air side, with SYR hit the hardest, (good for all those Piedmont guys up in SYR though!) PVD gone and Albany seriously reduced. Any guesses on how many planes that is??

What's with all you Houston guys being up in Newark? I think there are 3 guys that are from Houston that are in my crashpad right now. That's one hellish commute to do!

Yuppers.... tell me about it, direct sucks but through DCA is normally wide open.

Don't just assume the Q is only available to CA. Remember about the United side and their interest in the Q out of Denver. Rumor is United may ramp up opps on the regional side while they scale back on mainline.

Don't just assume the Q is only available to CA. Remember about the United side and their interest in the Q out of Denver. Rumor is United may ramp up opps on the regional side while they scale back on mainline.

That would be awesome. I won't believe it until I see a United Q. Even if we do, the US Air reductions are taking place in September, and we can't take deliveries on our options until at least the middle of 2009...so we will be overstaffed for a while.

Well there are 8 of us in manassas right now. July 15th we are done here and head to St Louis. So beginning of August you will hopefully have 8 new Saab FOs. There is also supposed to be a mid-July class for the Saab.

Anyone have any insight on staffing out of IAD? That's where I am hoping for. We have 3 guys who want IAH who are not going to get it right away.

-Rob

You're right SYR-LGA all done by PDT.

I hope no one bought a house in SYR.

What's your point? I did! But, I think you knew that already....couple other people have as well.

I'm not worrying about it until something official comes down the line....until then, we'll see.

No worries man.....I wasn't trying to give you crap. Just saying thought you knew I had purchased. Actually, I'm running it AS a crashpad. Guess if we pull out of SYR completely, I'll be looking for 'real' roommates. Haha....that's ok, rent will be going up then!

Regardless, I'm not worrying about it until I see something 'official.'

Thats short.

Beacons on, Doorlights out, Bleed Valve- RESET, AUTO, Buss Tie Connect Line on, L/R Avionic Switches off, Clear on 2, Starting Two, Note the time.

more like....click click click....clear? here it comes.

From what I can tell, ITH is still scheduled for Colgan flights to LGA, MHT is still scheduled for Colgan Flights, LEB is Colgan, ALB has like one Colgan flight with the rest Piedmont, SYR is all Piedmont.

Oh there are some ALB-BOS flights that are Colgan, and some ALB-BUF. I assume the BUF ROC BDL stuff will be the same.

Anyway, I know this could all change, but it looks like def some shrinkage on the US Air side, with SYR hit the hardest, (good for all those Piedmont guys up in SYR though!) PVD gone and Albany seriously reduced. Any guesses on how many planes that is??

I was thinking that the Saab might be able to get some of the 1900 flying but that doesn't seem to be the case for some of it. In September BOS-ISP and BOS-HPN are done. There is the possibility that the AUG-BOS and BHB-BOS flying may transition to the Saab which right now still sounds possible. The remaining Airways Saab flying appears to be ALB-BOS (new but just one flight per day), CRW-DCA, CHO-LGA, LEB-LGA, SYR-BOS, PQI-BOS, MHT-LGA, ITH-LGA, ROC-BDL, BUF-BDL, and BUF-ALB.

ah well, lets hope for some new Q's!! I have a hunch that that is why they have been hardcore on calling the times and stuff in Do-Less. They want to impress United. I could be wrong though, specially since things aren't looking so good for United.

While it would be great to see some growth somewhere, I wouldn't hold my breath with the way things are right now. I don't tink anyone is going to grow. Any growth seen by a Regional today will be at the expense of mainline pilots.

They canceled an upgrade class next month because of the open time.

Guys, they really are trying to run the airline on thin staffing margins to prevent furloughs come the fall. I'm happy that management is being proactive in this and think that they are doing a real good job with the stack of cards we have all been dealt in this industry. I think we need to understand this, do what they ask us to, and hopefully we won't see anyone on here out on the street.

Guys, they really are trying to run the airline on thin staffing margins to prevent furloughs come the fall. I'm happy that management is being proactive in this and think that they are doing a real good job with the stack of cards we have all been dealt in this industry. I think we need to understand this, do what they ask us to, and hopefully we won't see anyone on here out on the street.

:yeahthat:

This morning all of us showed up to the school house. Last night they overnighted 3 or 4 guys to show up today for upgrade. All of them where sent packing this morning. Upgrades canceled. They also canceled a Q class and a beech class.

-Rob

ah well, lets hope for some new Q's!! I have a hunch that that is why they have been hardcore on calling the times and stuff in Do-Less. They want to impress United. I could be wrong though, specially since things aren't looking so good for United.

Could also be they don't want a re-peat of Delta. Not sure how the wording is in the CAL contract for the Qs, but if it's based on performance numbers, they probably don't wanna be caught with their pants down....again. They're hammering it in to us on the Pinnacle side of things on performance. If you're late, they wanna know why. If you don't send in a delay report, you might have a voicemail waiting on your phone by they time you land at your destination wanting to know why. Heck, even if you DO send in a delay report, they might still call you. Trust me on that last one.

This morning all of us showed up to the school house. Last night they overnighted 3 or 4 guys to show up today for upgrade. All of them where sent packing this morning. Upgrades canceled. They also canceled a Q class and a beech class.

-Rob

That sucks for those upgrade guys...why would they cancel a Q class??? Do they already have enough people to staff the 15???

That sucks for those upgrade guys...why would they cancel a Q class??? Do they already have enough people to staff the 15???

The class was only meant to be 3. I'm thinking they are just going to transition beech guys instead. Seggy is right, they want to be lean when the cuts come.

-Rob

Back