Colgan showing the Q400

I've done 4 trades this month with no prob. they only thing they wouldn't let me do is have someone below 75hrs give trade so that I went way over block for the month.

I'll take that as a yes.

I don't give a crap about his Mil career if he crossed.

Scab.

i thought u were asking about my uncle. my dad got in with CAL in the late 70's. its ashame your a waste of useless information. other guys can respond objectively and allow people to make their own opinions.

My original quote of yours included the word 'dad' twice, and 'uncle' zero times. Where you got me talking about your uncle, is way over my head.:crazy:

Hired in the 70's, eh? There were lots of guys that were current CAL pilots and crossed the line. Thats how they got their 4th stripe. Crossing your own line is the most idiotic, self-absorbed action that a pilot could ever conceive of doing.

i thought u were asking about my uncle. my dad got in with CAL in the late 70's. its ashame your a waste of useless information. other guys can respond objectively and allow people to make their own opinions.

OTP is a pretty wizened fellow, maybe a little too blunt, but in no way a fountain of useless information. You will have to get used to folks being like this. Unions are always a red hot topic and OTP knows a ####load more than many folks do.

Your sentence structure is a little hard to read sometimes, aviator, and the outside reader has no choice but to read what you wrote (not what you meant). I completely agree with OTP in that I was confused by your posts.

With that said you are welcome to "make your own opinion" and all that crap, but it is silly come in with an opinion and try to preach it out. We aren't the choir here. There are so many resources out there that its tough to care what your "opinion" is. We have these truckloads of facts an experiences, and there are times when you appear ignorant.

Alright, What are your dads initials and birth month. If he didn't cross I'll take what I said back. If you don't want to post it thats fine PM me.

jynxyjoe,

i laugh my azz off everytime i see that avatar! How funny would it be to somehow get it uploaded as your pic in CASS?

Alright, What are your dads initials and birth month. If he didn't cross I'll take what I said back. If you don't want to post it thats fine PM me.

Going a little far don't you think? Who cares what his Father did. I would defend my own Father to the death before I would lay down to some people behind a keyboard.

Educate, not interrogate.

Just to throw some smoke on the fire...

Scope arbitration is pending.

If PCL loses... well, fine, all bets are off.

Otherwise, if they win there are two ways this can go.

9E takes the Q onto their certificate. They grow like crazy. Colgan shrinks a bit and probably furloughs off the bottom.

9E merges both pilot groups and Colgan becomes ALPA by default. *IF* that happens, you can be damn sure Colgan isn't going to get protected by the 9E MEC and will be stapled to the bottom of the list. There are a fair number of east coast commuters who wouldn't mind being captains on a 75 seat prop out of EWR so a lot of Colganites will be forced to commute to Detroit as reserve FOs.

Going a little far don't you think? Who cares what his Father did. I would defend my own Father to the death before I would lay down to some people behind a keyboard.

No educating somebody who already crossed the line.

I know nothing about the current situation OTP was talking about, but IF the guy's dad did cross, he already knows the score.

Tell that to the mainline pilot group. Somehow I don't think they consider that flying done "in house".

That may be the *most* ignorant thing I've heard you say... and you've said some pretty ignorant stuff before.

bob,

My bet is we get absorbed. Strength in numbers. Keep us seperate and you strike and guess what? mgmt has 400 strike breakers. 4 would cross the line, but you know mgmt would try like hell. Staple wouldn't happen. Bush signed a law last year saying that's over. Alpa-non alpa group merger would be done via the alheghany-mohawk at first, to ultimately be decided by arbitration. 8 to 1 bottom up, 1 for 1, doh, it's up to PCL MEC. I think the key to the scope arbitration is to get everyone on one list with strength in numbers and protections to keep whipsaw from happening. Just my .02

Staple wouldn't happen. Bush signed a law last year saying that's over. Alpa-non alpa group merger would be done via the alheghany-mohawk at first, to ultimately be decided by arbitration.

You're not a group. That law, to the best of my knowledge, applies to two groups who have LEGAL representation.

oh sir, you are so wrong. We are the colgan pilot group, or haven't you heard????? Sarcasm since I dont know how to do the sarcasm tag, lol. I'm not sure of the legalese of it. you may very well be correct. I'll get my law school employed, non-aviation caring wife unit to give her input tonight. bottom line, i dunno who it protects and who it doesn't. it's all wishful thinking. I'll pull it up for the wife unit and it'll give her a reason to stay up late drinking a bottle of wine contemplating it while i comtemplate her navel

jynxyjoe,

i laugh my azz off everytime i see that avatar! How funny would it be to somehow get it uploaded as your pic in CASS?

Some guy told me once it looked like his uncle :).

Oh, how i wish i could start mucking around in the CASS system. Of course the commuters would get miffed at me when their pictures come up as monkeys and their names come up as "John Captain Chimp".

I'd defend my dad for shagging my mom. But if he was a scab, I would think the same of him or any other person that crossed a line, an idiotic, self absorbed piece of scum.

There be no educating a scab.

OldTown- I like you a heck of a lot, but youre being a complete scumbag. I would also defend my father.

You're ragging on the guy because of what? Something his father did or did not do?

I understand- a scab is a scab. But it is not the most important thing in the world. Nor does it have any place in a Colgan Q400 thread. PM the guy if you're that concerned.

(And I don't really think you're a scumbag...PM from SteveC in 5...4...3...2...1)

Most of the time it is like father like son. Keep up the good work OTP. When we meet 1st beer is on me.

How? I've offered to recant what I said.

He did!... some might say here that what OTP is saying is harsh... but sometimes it needs to be thrown out there. In my past life before 9E I was an FE and a loadmaster at an old cargo airline. I can recall plenty of times when we had an ex Eastern airlines crew, Capt a striker and the F/O a scab... It somtimes would be a terrible 10 hour flight... almost fist fights. Lets leave those days behind and not start it again.

I'd defend my dad for shagging my mom. But if he was a scab, I would think the same of him or any other person that crossed a line, an idiotic, self absorbed piece of scum.

There be no educating a scab.

Come on man, seriously, grow up a bit. I agree with you that Scabs are the bottomless scum in this industry. In no way do I agree with crossing the line. That being said, you're attacking his Father. Regardless of whether he crossed the line or not, he's going to defend his Dad and give you less credibility.

Rather then attack his own Father, why not educate him on why crossing the line is bad. And I highly doubt that if your Dad had crossed the line that you would think of him as a piece of scum. Thats ridiculous dude, he's your Father! My Dad has made mistakes in his life (my Dad is not a pilot), but short of him cheating on my Mom or something crazy, I would NEVER think of my own father as a piece of scum.

IF his Dad crossed the line, well then think of him what you will. But making personal attacks on someone's family, especially one of their parents, is childish and brings discredit to the entire point you are trying to make.

I like you OTP, but I disagree with your approach to this.

Back