Colgan Rumor/News?

v1valarob

Well our crew web has been updated with "Colgan News Network." My sister calls me up to let me know that there is a picture of some ####### on page 4 on the lower right hand corner.

But as Im looking through this news letter I notice the "breaking news" on page 1.

Im pleased to report that our talks with United Airlines have progressed to the point where it appears we will retain all of our current Saab flying. There are a few details still to be worked out, so its not a done deal but its close to being worked out.

Given that goods news and assuming we reach terms with United, there will be no pilot furloughs. Instead it is highly possible that we will resume pilot hiring in the very near future.

Buddy Casey

Ill take it for what its worth. But yea....

Well our crew web has been updated with "Colgan News Network." My sister calls me up to let me know that there is a picture of some ####### on page 4 on the lower right hand corner.

But as Im looking through this news letter I notice the "breaking news" on page 1.

His name is George Casey. He's no one's buddy.

Hey, Rob....I just saw the newsletter too and noticed your picture. Now we all know what you look like. :D

I'm sorry for not knowing this, but are you on the Q now?

BTW, great news about the United side. :)

Yep, it's official. Here's the email from the CP:

I just received word from Buddy Casey.
He has given HR the authorization to begin hiring pilots for a September SAAB class.
It appears not there will be no need to furlough any pilots in November.
Please advise anyone who may be interested.

YAY---no furloughs! Hopefully one of my favorite FO's who was taking the furlough will be staying! :nana2:

Good luck man!

Yea i just saw on climbto350 that they are advertising for SAAB pilots. Mins are 1000/100.

This is a good day at Colgan. I am willing to bet that if a guy came in with 121 experience and a good amount of flight time, that person could expect to be a cpt in a Q within a year and a saab within 6 months.

This is a good day at Colgan. I am willing to bet that if a guy came in with 121 experience and a good amount of flight time, that person could expect to be a cpt in a Q within a year and a saab within 6 months.

Haha according to the higher ups, I won't be an upgrade candidate :sarcasm:

I doubt it...im at 10 months now and nowhere near an upgrade in anything except maybe a beech which is about to cease to exist. There has been little to no movement with my seniority number going up only 24 numbers since then. Looks like the bulk of the captains start around seniority 220 which are Feb 07 and earlier hires. I was hired 7 months after that and what a difference 7 months in this industry can make. Lets hope that the seniority system and a hopeful union win can prevent guys getting upgraded ahead of seniority. We already have street captains on the Q and thats bad enough. Might I mention street captains when we have guys with enough hours on our seniority list to uprade to the Q.

BUT.....whatever the upgrades will be they will be probably be faster than anyone else in the industry.

Doesn't look like any FO's upgrading on the Q anytime soon. Transitioning to the Saab might he hard for Q FO's as I know the Saab upgrades are still senior to anyone hired in my class (end of April 07).

I doubt it...im at 10 months now and nowhere near an upgrade in anything except maybe a beech which is about to cease to exist. There has been little to no movement with my seniority number going up only 24 numbers since then. Looks like the bulk of the captains start around seniority 220 which are Feb 07 and earlier hires. I was hired 7 months after that and what a difference 7 months in this industry can make. Lets hope that the seniority system and a hopeful union win can prevent guys getting upgraded ahead of seniority. We already have street captains on the Q and thats bad enough. Might I mention street captains when we have guys with enough hours on our seniority list to uprade to the Q.

BUT.....whatever the upgrades will be they will be probably be faster than anyone else in the industry.

When the flood gates open, upgrades go quick. then as fast as they opened they close. So don't worry my friend, your day is coming soon. Just think, last week it was looking like we were supposed to lose 10-15planes. this week we are resuming hiring. "the colgan" works in mysterious ways

Hey, Rob....I just saw the newsletter too and noticed your picture. Now we all know what you look like. :D

I'm sorry for not knowing this, but are you on the Q now?

BTW, great news about the United side. :)

Nope, the Slaab. I live near Dulles, so getting the Q would have sucked. Maybe one day :D

Sweet...I got some time and I'd look good in the Q. I'd even be able to stay in EWR and be back in the left seat in less than a year.

Sorry- I like you, but you're wrong.

I've got over a year of seniority, 1000 hours in type, and I'm still 80 numbers from a SAAB upgrade. There are 100 SAAB FO's below me too. And 100 Q-400 FO's below that.

Even though I still cannot upgrade until Dec 08, I think it's more like Summer 09 and thats just for me. We'll see though.

Hopefully Greaper07 will finally get his chance.

Just got back from the hanger, dropped off a few resumes and got the low down.

September 8th they are interviewing in LGA. I could have swore they said Sept 18th was the class date, but thats a Thursday. So class is basically going to be the 3rd week of Sept. They want to give people 2 weeks notice. They have been asked to get 16 - 20 people into the class. Thats a TON of people.

Minimums are 1000/100 and thats pretty firm. Cathy A. showed me her inbox on outlook and it was STACKED full of emails from Climbto350 and just everyone. Most of them hadnt even been read yet.

Good luck to those that apply!

Back