Colgan Rumor/News?

Ill buy you a beer if you right, because that would be great.

I personally dont see the upgrades going faster until the new set of Qs arrive. We arent adding any planes, and attrition is low.

I could see them maybe beginning to upgrade 2 or 3 a month starting soon.

zackly. more q's. i think they have tricks up their sleeves.

you gonna be in the crashpad fri night?

The ONLY thing we need to be worrying about right now is how to get ALPA on property. Not flying, not upgrades.

We need ALPA now, to ensure when we do upgrade, that it is worthwhile and an enjoyable job. We also need to think about those guys who are just interviewing- we don't want them to have to suffer through what we did as junior FO's.

Let's make it better.

The ONLY thing we need to be worrying about right now is how to get ALPA on property. Not flying, not upgrades.

We need ALPA now, to ensure when we do upgrade, that it is worthwhile and an enjoyable job. We also need to think about those guys who are just interviewing- we don't want them to have to suffer through what we did as junior FO's.

Let's make it better.

:yeahthat: Rock on SmitteyB!!!!

Let's make it better.

I agree completlely. I would love to get some other bases help in the EWR drive (Sep 9th and 19th I believe). I went to Houston, and it was pretty good, a bunch of guys wore lanyards, etc. Newark needs to be our focus, too meny dumb young bucks that want teamsters but cant tell you why.

I read somewhere that they overheard a pilot on the interview committee hiring for the new UAL base in Denver. hahah.....that should get the rumor mill spooled up. Any takers?

I agree completlely. I would love to get some other bases help in the EWR drive (Sep 9th and 19th I believe). I went to Houston, and it was pretty good, a bunch of guys wore lanyards, etc. Newark needs to be our focus, too meny dumb young bucks that want teamsters but cant tell you why.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I must say, however, that I've talked to a lot of guys at EWR (as I'm based there) and it's not generally the "young bucks" that need convincing. For some reason, a lot of our more senior people think that Teamsters would be better in the event of a merger. I've also heard the "conflict of interest" argument, as well as the "smaller pilot group" argument.

I read somewhere that they overheard a pilot on the interview committee hiring for the new UAL base in Denver. hahah.....that should get the rumor mill spooled up. Any takers?

This I have heard, including a plan to purchase another carriers options in order to get Q's quicker. I know a lot of people here that would love a west coast base and are seriously drooling over this one. I think it could happen, but as always, I'll believe it when I see the airframes.

I've also heard the "conflict of interest" argument, as well as the "smaller pilot group" argument.

<sigh> These guys are just looking for a sand pit to slam their heads into. Someone has told them that it's only a conflict of interest if Colgan's own MEC puts Pinnacle's needs above their own pilots, right? Heck, I guess the Teamsters have a conflict of interests between Republic and GoJets. I mean, both fly for United. What happens if a new RFP comes out and concessions are demanded?

For some reason, a lot of our more senior people think that Teamsters would be better in the event of a merger.

This is definitely true and the strategy needs to be getting the senior guys on board who will then convince more junior fo's to jump on board as well.

Most if not all of their objections are conspiracy theory, fear and anger.

This is definitely true and the strategy needs to be getting the senior guys on board who will then convince more junior fo's to jump on board as well.

Most if not all of their objections are conspiracy theory, fear and anger.

Good movie.

There have been wispers of DEN since the day they first talked about the Q. Some of those in managment said they want to run the Q's head to head with the CHQ EMB's out where the weight restriction really hurts them.

I am looking now at a possible sudden departure of a senior managment person here at 9l. Somebody cought a LOT of flack this month

What happened? I think that they are actively shopping the "Q" to UAL, because UAL just put out an RFP for 70-seat turboprops. Likely locales would include DEN, SFO, IAD and possibly ORD. Be interesting to see what develops out of all that. I think that PNCL is working hard to secure as much UAL/IAD flying as possible. This is a wise move, because it's right in their backyard (9L) and I think Mesa and TSA are on the ropes in IAD. Let's make a guess and say 9L "Q" and SA 170s out of IAD as the only players on the UA side.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

P.S. For all my CJC pals, I lost my job the other day...Coming back to 9L on the 22nd with a seat in the 22 Sep 08 SAAB F/O new-hire class. Looks like they are hiring 20-30 pilots in the near term, and upgrades should begin again at a rate of 2 per month...

.......P.S. For all my CJC pals, I lost my job the other day...Coming back to 9L on the 22nd with a seat in the 22 Sep 08 SAAB F/O new-hire class. Looks like they are hiring 20-30 pilots in the near term, and upgrades should begin again at a rate of 2 per month...

Wow, bummer about losing your job. Although, congrats on the return to CJC, albeit as a 'new hire.'

Stir, stir, stir, the pot...

Allegedly proposals have already been submitted to UAL, one for Qs in LAX and another for Qs in DEN.

I heard the MX guys talking about who was going to move to L.A.

Take that for what it's worth

I would have gone just to heckle them....if I knew it was taking place.
Good job on the dissemination of information IBT! They must not want the support of the entire pilot group, just the suckers. ;)

What happened? I think that they are actively shopping the "Q" to UAL, because UAL just put out an RFP for 70-seat turboprops. Likely locales would include DEN, SFO, IAD and possibly ORD. Be interesting to see what develops out of all that. I think that PNCL is working hard to secure as much UAL/IAD flying as possible. This is a wise move, because it's right in their backyard (9L) and I think Mesa and TSA are on the ropes in IAD. Let's make a guess and say 9L "Q" and SA 170s out of IAD as the only players on the UA side.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

P.S. For all my CJC pals, I lost my job the other day...Coming back to 9L on the 22nd with a seat in the 22 Sep 08 SAAB F/O new-hire class. Looks like they are hiring 20-30 pilots in the near term, and upgrades should begin again at a rate of 2 per month...

With anyluck you'll be a q capt in the near future. Where was it that you went?

Where can i find info bout the RFP put out by united?

Back