Colgan Rumor/News?

What happened? I think that they are actively shopping the "Q" to UAL, because UAL just put out an RFP for 70-seat turboprops. Likely locales would include DEN, SFO, IAD and possibly ORD. Be interesting to see what develops out of all that. I think that PNCL is working hard to secure as much UAL/IAD flying as possible. This is a wise move, because it's right in their backyard (9L) and I think Mesa and TSA are on the ropes in IAD. Let's make a guess and say 9L "Q" and SA 170s out of IAD as the only players on the UA side.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

P.S. For all my CJC pals, I lost my job the other day...Coming back to 9L on the 22nd with a seat in the 22 Sep 08 SAAB F/O new-hire class. Looks like they are hiring 20-30 pilots in the near term, and upgrades should begin again at a rate of 2 per month...

Weren't you a Check airman on the 1900? They can't bring you back as a Saab Captain?

Weren't you a Check airman on the 1900? They can't bring you back as a Saab Captain?

I was thinking the same thing. This Saab training is going to be a joke.

Not when there are saab FO's who meet requirements.

Welcome back scott.

Yea really. I have flown with 4 street captains, all of which are extremely cool. But one in particular mentioned that "we may have to hire more street captains when they pick up this flying on united." All I can think is, why would he think that? There are more than enough qualified guys now that can upgrade. Bugs the piss out of me.

Yea really. I have flown with 4 street captains, all of which are extremely cool. But one in particular mentioned that "we may have to hire more street captains when they pick up this flying on united." All I can think is, why would he think that? There are more than enough qualified guys now that can upgrade. Bugs the piss out of me.

He's tired of being on the bottom of the seniority list and would rather have new people get hired under him than leap frogged by FOs senior to him? Maybe he's trying to start a self-full filing prophecy.

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the warm welcome, I am glad to be back. When I set the brakes the last time I was at CJC I had no idea that my life was going to be changed so dramtically and so completely. Myself, and my daughter are doing really well and she just stated Kindergarten this year.
I hope that Colgan doesn't find it necessary to hire street Captains to absorb this recent "growth" of flying. If there are qualified people eligible to upgrade than they should have the opprtunity to do so. Hope to see some of you guys around the campus!

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

In the not-too-distant future. Before November? :nana2:

good luck guys, hope it passes, you have a lot of growth coming in your future with the Q i am sure, you might as well try to get some good work rules and better pay rates with it, and ALPA although not perfect, will be able to help.

I heard a rumor today that the Colgan hangar in Manassas is or soon will be for sale? Is that fertilizer or is there something to it?

Thanks!

Wouldn't surprise me if it was true. All Mx has moved ( or will be soon) to IAD; so, that's lots of space sitting idle.

I heard a rumor today that the Colgan hangar in Manassas is or soon will be for sale? Is that fertilizer or is there something to it?

Thanks!

The hanger space has already been sold/rented. The office space is still Colgans. All MX has been at Dulles for awhile. CJC planes no longer land at Manassas.

The hanger space has already been sold/rented. The office space is still Colgans. All MX has been at Dulles for awhile. CJC planes no longer land at Manassas.

I'm pretty sure the space was leased to another Colgan enterprise. Don't forget who owns Manassas. :D

After Deadheading from ALB-LGA-DCA taxi to IAD, for a five minute ferry from IAD to HEF, then taxi back to DCA to deadhead to LGA to ALB, to get a 19hondo in for MX at the hangar there, I for one am happy to see the HEF MX base close.

After Deadheading from ALB-LGA-DCA taxi to IAD, for a five minute ferry from IAD to HEF, then taxi back to DCA to deadhead to LGA to ALB, to get a 19hondo in for MX at the hangar there, I for one am happy to see the HEF MX base close.

:confused: Didn't they have any 1900 pilots down there that could have done that flight?

Back