Colgan POI forced out during Q400 certification

Do you know the kind of man you work for?

Yeah hes a guy who is bent on making money and at any cost. And I can assure you he isn't looking out for the pilots best interest. His job is to make money and ours is make sure we are paid appropriately for whatever flying he manages to add. We haven't done our job and he has done his well. We really need to step it up and I hope that our pilot group will stand together and demand to be paid and treated appropriately.

Awesome...another thread that devolved into trying to figure out which regional is crappier.

Some are monopolies and have leverage to get better contracts. Then the single customer farms out flying, reducing the leverage.

Some are wholly-owned and get whipsawed against other wholly-owned carriers

The rest are contract carriers that come and go on the whim of the partners. The more diverse ones tend to survive better than the lesser-diversified ones.

In the end, airlines come airlines go.

The executives get rich, and the pilots go fly the same serial numbers in different paint for less pay.

My airline, your airline or the next guys airline could disappear tomorrow and the lift will be quickly replaced. If you don't believe it, re-read your history books.

My airline, your airline or the next guys airline could disappear tomorrow and the lift will be quickly replaced. If you don't believe it, re-read your history books.

Excellent point. But you're all wrong. My corporate flight department is far better than any of your commuter airlines. ;)

Yeah... I guess you have a point there. :crazy:

I know it's not a bad place at all...but I feel pretty lucky to have an easy commute to my base from pretty much anywhere east of the Mississippi (and the ability to transfer to any one of like 10 bases out west).

Back