Colgan POI forced out during Q400 certification

I was just now thinking EXACTLY that.
Yeah they're all the same. The key is to take any job you can get no matter what, then post on forums that you're 'working to make your regional better' to gloss over the fact that you are working for some of the lowest industry wages and the worst work rules.

That way you still look like a hero online no matter where you choose to work.

The sarcasm tag is intentionally missing.

Yeah they're all the same. The key is to take any job you can get no matter what, then post on forums that you're 'working to make your regional better' to gloss over the fact that you are working for some of the lowest industry wages and the worst work rules.

Stay Classy San Diego

There is no reason to be anti-social.

You realize that people at express jet did that very deal? Britt was never known for leading the pack work rules or pay wise. Old man Britt would fire someone for cancelling a flight.

So until you get over yourself a bit. You don't seem like you'll ever appreciate what the people who worked to get the contract you lived under went through. Luckily, too, they had a monopoly for the CAL feed, thus leverage.

One of my biggest regrets is not volunteering any time during my year to the union. It's one of the first things I'll be doing when I get back. That comment was directed at the hilarious time everyone has on the internets. Not at the people who actually get stuff done.

.. and you work for a soul-crushing, small-town destroying evil empire.

That's interesting. I wonder how long it would be before a moderator, or Doug himself, kicked me off the website if I came on here offering nothing more productive than to badmouth YOUR employer. :banghead:

One of my biggest regrets is not volunteering any time during my year to the union. It's one of the first things I'll be doing when I get back. That comment was directed at the hilarious time everyone has on the internets. Not at the people who actually get stuff done.

So that makes a broad swipe, and sweeping generalization from the other side of the fence OK?

When everyone works together, instead of kicking each other in the face, things will improve.

Trust me on this on. Lots of being crapped on by mainline guys whose flying we were "stealing" and they personally held me accountable for going into and disemboweling their scope clause, but were bragging to me how they were making 12k/mo. 12 mos later they wanted us to help them out and then give them a bunch of Captain seats and super-seniority because, as a majority put it "We have mortgages to pay".

And they wonder why we didn't jump to attention after all the years of the ladder being pulled up, not once being offered a hand to pull us up to the next level.

Doug's right...it's all about paying it forward. If those guys would have helped us advance our careers when it was boom time there, we might have helped back when they got shook off the bottom of an ever shrinking ladder.

And they wonder why we didn't jump to attention after all the years of the ladder being pulled up, not once being offered a hand to pull us up to the next level.

Doug's right...it's all about paying it forward. If those guys would have helped us advance our careers when it was boom time there, we might have helped back when they got shook off the bottom of an ever shrinking ladder.

It's kind of funny how that works. Somewhat similar to the business environment where you treat everyone with a level amount of respect because you never know who might someday be YOUR boss. Could be the mailroom guy.

When everyone works together, instead of kicking each other in the face, things will improve.

Trust me on this on. Lots of being crapped on by mainline guys whose flying we were "stealing" and they personally held me accountable for going into and disemboweling their scope clause

I do hold you personally accountable. You are pure evil and if it weren't for you I would still be flying a DC9 (or equivalent) :D

.. and you work for a soul-crushing, small-town destroying evil empire.

An employer that employees 2.2 million, is actually turning profits and not laying off anyone.

Also, I dont dee them knocking on the White House door looking for my money. So who is the "evil empire"?

Just sayin'........;)

An employer that employees 2.2 million, is actually turning profits and not laying off anyone.

Also, I dont dee them knocking on the White House door looking for my money. So who is the "evil empire"?

Just sayin'........;)

Yep. A place for everybody.

borg.jpg

So you see a connection between forceful assimilation and enslavement and voluntary employment at walmart? The borg don't work as a metaphor for the private sector.

They do with companies that create local monopolies, or said another way when they become like "the company store."

They do with companies that create local monopolies, or said another way when they become like "the company store."
People who work at walmart aren't exactly specialized they could find employment elsewhere or open their own business if they chose to unlike a borg drone. The borg work as a better metaphor for a planned economy.

So you see a connection between forceful assimilation and enslavement and voluntary employment at walmart? The borg don't work as a metaphor for the private sector.

Don't think of assimilation in terms of employees- think of it in terms of customer base.

They have in cities where they destroyed all the local businesses and were the only game in town for 30 miles.

Ask me how I know.
How do you suppose they got such a large market share?
Because people made the choice to shop at walmart. Assimilation into the borg collective is not a choice.
If they are able to maintain this monopoly without actually being competitive it's probably because of government interference with the market giving them some kind of advantage.

Back