Colgan POI forced out during Q400 certification

I believe the term is bait and switch.
So you're saying they will come in offer low prices or whatever until they have a monopoly and than take that away and offer something inferior to what we had before?

Wouldn't that leave room for a competitor to come in? Unless of course the government gets involved and walmart has to be protected somehow because it's too big to fail.

Just a tiny little bit of thread creep here, don't you think? I'll make a final comment. The small town where I live has a charming town square with restaurants, a grocery, a bike shop, a hardware store, a bank, a barber shop, and a few specialty shops. The town frequently has "first friday" events, parades, and other festivals. It has learned to coexist in a town with 3 supercenters within 20 miles.

If your "mainstreet" disappeared, they failed to learn to coexist. To provide a different selection of products or more personalized service to their customers. Very likely they were price-gouging the people of your town. I would venture to guess that they offered substandard pay and little or no benefits.

I'm not going to change your mind -- I realize that. But seeing as how this thread is not about my company but rather a low-tier commuter airline, I suggest you folks go back to a topic you actually know something about... and quit trying to knock pilots down who actually ENJOY their job, are treated well, and have no beef with their management.

So you're saying they will come in offer low prices or whatever until they have a monopoly and than take that away and offer something inferior to what we had before?

Wouldn't that leave room for a competitor to come in? Unless of course the government gets involved and walmart has to be protected somehow because it's too big to fail.

Yeah, it's called Meijer, but they've decided my home town is too small of a market.

I can't wait to move back home and be able to shop at Meijer.

I'm not going to change your mind -- I realize that. But seeing as how this thread is not about my company but rather a low-tier commuter airline, I suggest you folks go back to a topic you actually know something about... and quit trying to knock pilots down who actually ENJOY their job, are treated well, and have no beef with their management.

You're right, you're not going to change my mind.

As someone who has seethed countless times when you've referred to those in my position as "Scooter Trash", I fail to see how you can possibly even for a moment claim higher ground on this issue.

You didn't enjoy your time at the regionals- this has been established.

Since then, you've moved on, and you're happy. Good deal.

Nevertheless, the belief that your employer is above scrutiny is a one-sided one.

If you have beef with the way regional airlines are run, I suggest you involve yourself in changing it. Otherwise, leave us "Scooter Trash" be, and you'll hear no complaints from such as I.

We have enough to do to better our own environments without you perpetually trying to knock US down.

Your "I've got mine, forget you" mentality is sorely tiring. The fact that you react so immediately in anger to anyone questioning the highly predatory practices of your employer says a great deal about your stance on the issue.

Your employer has crowned itself king of the American marketplace.

The Founding Fathers would not stomach a king in their country- neither will I.

They have an axe to grind about something. Maybe they didn't get time off when they wanted it or something. I bet it feels good to make them pay.

Back