Colgan: Hring for Sept 19th class

When is the Union vote up?

I wouldn't doubt that this is some sort of chance to water that down, depending on the timing.

Watch yourselves.

Everybody with those times is already at a regional, waiting to be furloughed.

I walked in 4 resumes today, all met the 1000/100 mins. They where all hired by a regional back in the Spring and classes didnt work out for them.

Ehh, go interview for Colgan if you want to. Worst you do later is turn them down if you get scared off. The union vote will eventually pass and you will have some protection and hopefully some better pay. When I left we were still being treated like crap for no reason at all (and many of us left) except piss poor mangement.

CJC Management and 9E aside, the pilots are (with a few noteworthy exceptions) a tight knit group you'll have a lot of fun flying with.

Colgan still requireing a training contract? If so, I'd keep that instructing job a while longer before you do the Colgan dance.

I don't do much instructing anymore. I'm curious about Colgan. There seems to be alot of camaraderie among colgan pilots. I like that. I was considering sending my resume if/when they get unionized.

Which base do they usually assign to new hires?

Any number of the 15 bases you could get. I would say IAH is the most popular. We where told it was pretty senior, but 2 of the guys in my class ended up getting it.

I wouldn't wait for Colgan to be unionized to throw in your resume. By the end of the year we will have something and this may be one of the last classes of the year.

I wonder how many resumes they have on file now... Does any one know when they will be calling for interviews?

:yeahthat:

you know you miss Colgan, don't lie.
Yeah, but then I see my paycheck and look at my quality of life and think to myself ... "Why didn't all those colganites just come with me to Mesaba?":yup:

Except for a couple D-bags, I would have happily carted most of the Colgan pilots I knew over to Mesaba and filled up the Memphis base. Just think, no repo's to Hyannis!

Yeah, but then I see my paycheck

I think you just volunteered the first round of drinks.

Just think if you would have upgraded you could have flown with me AND Teller. If you ever come by NYC or overnight in Kitchener let me know.

I think you just volunteered the first round of drinks.

Just think if you would have upgraded you could have flown with me AND Teller. If you ever come by NYC or overnight in Kitchener let me know.
Thats a good point. Drinks are on me. Old man Teller still out of Augusta or is he on the mighty mega-whacker?

If I'm in town u betcha I'll be callin. Don't think they are gonna send me back up to D-town for a while. Last time I was there they were still burning houses down for a good time.

I would definitely go ahead and send in your resume. I know you can't predict anything in this industry, but if Colgan does start Q deliveries again in 2010, then those guys hired right now will be looking at alot of movement in about a year, bringing upgrade times back down.

I wonder how many resumes they have on file now... Does any one know when they will be calling for interviews?

They have a TON on file. I saw the outlook inbox.

They are currently calling. I was in the office on Friday when one of the HR ladies said "We have our first interview setup" after she got off the phone.

They are pretty excited because it means they have a job as well.

Well I'll drop mine back in tomorrow and see if anything comes back. I'd really like to fly the Q someday.

Thats a good point. Drinks are on me. Old man Teller still out of Augusta or is he on the mighty mega-whacker?

If I'm in town u betcha I'll be callin. Don't think they are gonna send me back up to D-town for a while. Last time I was there they were still burning houses down for a good time.

Mr Teller's on the Q400 now along with most of the AUG base. It's mostly new pilots up here now.

They have a TON on file. I saw the outlook inbox.

They are currently calling. I was in the office on Friday when one of the HR ladies said "We have our first interview setup" after she got off the phone.

They are pretty excited because it means they have a job as well.

I thought it was pretty funny how excited they were... I had a good chuckle, got my interview Monday...

Back